facebook

greek life at um

by: transfer

dont gaf about tiers ill size that up on my own during rush but seriously, in the big picture, what is good and what is lacking about greek life at um (frats in particular)? is it worth joining for the price of dues? are dues high at um? i dont want to pay to join a frat that only presents their chill brothers during rush and later discover most of them are either douches or weirdos or mixers just arent that great.

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Girl   

Everything I know comes from my guy friends in frats. Only frats id day r worth it are SigEpp, pikapp, alphasig, and phidelt. Each for diff types of guys. If u want get the "Miami" experience and u are into flashy and trying to impress ppl than SigEpp is for u. If u r actually a white kid and u honesty belong in a traditional classy fraternity do pi kapp, used to be SAE but they've changed. If u are looking for a group of guys that u can have a great time with and still keep who u r than check out alphasig. And if r a nice guy and don't want to be forced to do anything and just go with the flow then check out phidt.

By: Girl
#2  by: opinion   

Check out:
pi kapp- growing, possibly top 5 by next semester
phidelt- if you cant seem to get into the "top frat" or "middle frat" they aren't bad
Sammy- irrelevant for the past couple of years but been making gain recently
alphasig- 180-turn from last year, being noticed by top sororities.
SAE- going down a little but have been strong for years, safe choice.

Don't bother with:
ZBT-they have gone off grid, and aren't even trying to keep rep with girls
Sigepp-Unless you have self-identity issues, stay away. Honestly weird guys.
Beta-too many guys, with little quality.
Kappa sig- they don't seem to be getting any better. :/

By: opinion
#3  by: Yep   

Dude I'm in a frat rn cus I settled but thb I'm loving these guys and glad I decided to give them a shot. Give every fear a chance and don't use standards. Just stay away from the sig chis, pike 2 waiting to happen

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.