facebook

transfers

by: War Eagle

I'm already in a sorority at my current school, but I'm transferring to Auburn next year. Will I also transfer into my sorority at Auburn? How does that work?

Posted By: War Eagle
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ZOEY   

You will need to check with the sorority about affiliation into that chapter. They do not have to take you if they do not have the room or prefer not to accept you as a member of their chapter. However, you will always be a member of the national organization. You will have to have proof from National about your initiation and the year initiated and the school where you came from. Good luck with your process and hopefully it will work out for you!

By: ZOEY
by: Yep!Feb 4, 2015 2:22:50 AM

Zoey is correct. Once you're initiated somewhere you become a member nationally. You are a sister of that sorority wherever you go!

By: Yep!
#2  by: True   

You will always be a member of the national organization, however you would have to get permission from the local chapter to affiliate. But, no matter what, you can help out like an alumni if you are not accepted as an affiliated member. Be sure to get information from your previous chapter of your initiation, your activities, gpa and also initiation date and number from your national to prove that you were initiated as a member into the group. (Pin and certificate of initiation may also be required, however the most important will be proof from your chapter and national.) Without that, you definitely will not be accepted.

By: True
#3  by: Same question   

asked several times in "new" question. Read these answers. It never changes and the same rules apply to all of the sororities I am sure.

By: Same question

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.