facebook

how would you rank?...

by: Yet another rushee

How would you rank Sigma Pi and Sig Ep? I've seen posted a lot "sig ep is nice but it's next Sig Pi" and vice versa. Are they competitive against each other? Which one is "better" than the other? Overall how are they in comparison to other old row fraternities? I'm sure it varies but are they worth taking a look at rushing?

Posted By: Yet another rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Aubs   

Rank them vs each other or compared to everyone else on campus?

I think most people would agree they're pretty close in the grand scheme of things probably giving the edge to Sigma Pi. They're both on the end of old row which is unfortunate for them since no one walks down there unless they're intentionally going to one of those houses. Sigma Pi is known for their involvement on campus, pretty nice guys, and really started to gain momentum when other traditionally good houses started to decline. They recently built a new party barn that's nice. Sig Ep has probably been more on the decline in last few years, they're known for having brothers that just like to get drunk. They used to be considered the best place for guy who weren't from the southeast to go but now that's debatable. I think most people who know their brothers would say they're not very alike. If you rush both it shouldn't be difficult to figure out which one you prefer

By: Aubs
#2  by: Yes   

Sigms Pi is worth taking a look, but for Sig Ep not so much. Sigma Pi has been on the rise and very involved on campus. SigEp is known for having tons of out of staters....not a bad thing, just a different vibe compared to other southern fraternities.

By: Yes
#3  by: Agree    

With the opinions above.

Sig Ep:
- think of those guys on TFM that seem to be try hards, not traditionally southern gentlemen
- the sororities tend to be the ones that like going to parties and getting wasted, and are less strict on their rules for their girls drinking like AZD, Gamma Phis, Zetas, DZs, as so on
- used to be known for shotgun bidding, at one point they had around 150 brothers and have significantly fallen since then in terms of numbers and quality
- Use most of their budget on a rapper each semester like Wale and Young Joc last year. They had their parties the same night as Cherub at KA and Waka Flocka at Pi Kapp so they pretty much just had bad luck with timing and their parties tend to be busts
- one of their older brothers was SGA president a year ago, that's pretty much their only contribution to Auburn
- disgusting house

Sigma Pi
- don't have a reputation that's as strong yet. They grow each year in numbers and quality but they still are behind the Sigma Nus, SAEs, Fijis, ect in terms of who gets a pick of who they want in rush. They get most of the kids who didn't get bids at their first choice or would've traditionally gone Sigma Chi or Lambda Chi had they not been on probation or kicked off
- hang out with nicer girls like AOPis Pi Phi, Alpha Gam, Alpha Chi, ADPi, and even some Phi mus
- Involved in every major organization on campus
- nice house, new party barn, and worst location on campus
- Had Corey Smith and Shwayze last year

Hope that helps!

By: Agree
by: umJul 13, 2014 9:20:02 PM

The fact that you just dissed AZD, GPB, AXID,ZTA, and DZ is disgusting

By: um
by: ?Jul 13, 2014 9:24:19 PM

I didn't take that comment on the sororities was a dis. I think it was just a general list.

By: ?
by: OkayJul 13, 2014 9:26:40 PM

The sorority list under Sig Ep was definitely disrespectful. Sorry I misread the post. Really rude for sure.

By: Okay
by: dis..Jul 13, 2014 10:41:06 PM

Your rude comments about the sororities made Sigma Pi look horrible. You have now made people dislike a group that probably doesn't deserve such a rap. You have displayed bad taste and have dissed the entire Auburn community. Clean up your act...you are an embarrassment to us all.

By: dis..
by: Agreed Jul 13, 2014 10:44:00 PM

I don't see it as a diss at all. Every group doesn't fit the steriotype people have for them and there's some people in each group that are exceptions to their own stereotype. There's nothing wrong with hanging out with a group you relate too even if it's not the most popular group.

By: Agreed
by: noJul 13, 2014 11:29:47 PM

It was a dis. There is no way to disguise the DISsiness. I don't believe any of the sororities or fraternities mentioned in this post deserve the negativity that the poster generated. Just own it and move on..

By: no
by: WDEJul 14, 2014 3:19:49 PM

It was downright disrespectful for you to diss AZD, GPB, ZTA, and DZ and its sick that you're trying to justify it by saying "it wasn't a diss." You don't make the groups you put down look bad, you make YOU and Auburn look bad. You should be ashamed of yourself for coming on here to stir up drama. You're a loser.

By: WDE
by: to the disserJul 14, 2014 7:37:51 PM

You look desperate.Your desperation made you react in a tacky,rude way by dissing others. Look for strength and skills within yourself and react in a more positive way. Resist the easy impulse to put others down to make yourself look better. We are Auburn. Rise above.

By: to the disser
by: YesJul 23, 2014 6:47:19 PM

Most certainly a diss to the sororities. I'm guessing your statement reflects your character in general. I'm betting these smart and sweet girls will treat you with more class than you deserve.

By: Yes
#4  by: Honestly   

Sig Ep is traditionally better, but they're going downhill rather quickly and Sigma Pi is steadily improving.

By: Honestly
#5  by: Yet another rushee   

I did not intend to cite a riot by any means here, but thank you all for the information. It's been good to get information on both, seeing as I haven't been to anything or contacted anyone yet.

By: Yet another rushee
#6  by: .   

Sig Ep > Sigma Pi

By: .
by: OpinionJul 22, 2014 4:40:18 PM

Why do you say Sig Ep is better? It seems like most think the opposite.

By: Opinion
by: AubsJul 22, 2014 4:51:24 PM

I'd actually say they're equal because the each are better in different areas. Sig Ep is typically a more fun place to go than Sigma Pi and te brothers are better looking. Sigma Pi's brothers are a lot nicer and classier though, and they have a much nicer house.

By: Aubs
by: @AubsJul 22, 2014 8:22:27 PM

I would say the complete opposite.. sigma Pi's are better looking, more fun, more involved and classier. Their house is way nicer. SigEps are fine, bit not as good as Sigma Pi

By: @Aubs

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.