facebook

sports and sororities

by: Sports

I'm a soccer player (competitive) and a cheerleader (definitely not competitive) with a 3.2 GPA. I am hoping to attend Auburn in a few years. My dream has been to play soccer at Auburn. Is it possible to do both team sports and pledge? I'd like to know now before I put my mom through the trouble of helping me get rec letters. She is a full time CPA and gets grouchy when I waste her time! LOL

Posted By: Sports
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

I know athletes who have/are also involved with SEC Greek Life, so it can be done if your time management skills are really good, especially when your sport is in season. Another question, if you're hoping to play varsity as opposed to club, is whether or not the coach will support you. Some coaches discourage or flat-out say no to team members being in Greek organizations because of time commitments.

By: ...
#2  by: ???   

What about intramurals?

By: ???
#3  by: ...   

Intramurals are totally different. Those are teams put together by students and they play each other. You should be able to do both. Just make sure the team you go with doesn't have practices or play their games when you have your weekly pledge and chapter meetings.

By: ...
#4  by: Sports   

Thank you!

By: Sports
#5  by: Auburn   

Yes it is 100% possible. depending on the time comment you may just miss some social events because sports do come first. It shouldn't be an issue to where you can't do both

By: Auburn
#6  by: Auburn   

Also has club teams which is the in-between of the school official team and intramurals. If you didn't play for Auburn, the club team would be a great choice-very competitive and travels.
Having said that, regardless of soccer, for the sake of rush, try to push that GPA up some. 3.2 is not bad but for some sororities that is the grey area. Try to push it closer to 3.5 if you still have a couple of years.

By: Auburn
#7  by: Yes   

it is. In fact Auburn's Homecoming Queen last fall was a KD who is also on the Auburn basketball team!

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.