facebook

faith

by: chelsea2014

Are there any sororities at Auburn that are associated with strong morals/faith?

Posted By: chelsea2014
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GOpc2010   

Chelsea, I wondered the same thing when I came through recruitment. Most, if not all, of the 17 Panhellenic sororities are founded on Christian beliefs and principals. Most sororities have bible verses in their moral codes and biblical morals woven into their rules and bylaws. That being said for what exists for most if these sororities on a national level, Auburn is a special place. Most of our campus chapters even have chaplains and bible studies. I wouldn't be worried about finding a place in one of our fabulous 17 sororities where you can find other girls like yourself who aspire to live their life with strong morals and faith. On a side note, there is a christian sorority that is explicitly for christian girls. However, it is not a Panhellenic sorority and therefore, you cannot go through recruitment (rush) for it prior to school. It's my belief, and many, MANY hundreds of other girls who are also members of a Panhellenic sorority, that being in an explicitly Christian sorority is completely unnecessary at Auburn as so many of our Panhellenic chapters provide more than enough encouragement, support and outlets for your spiritual growth and fellowship.

By: GOpc2010
#2  by: Agree   

All the panhellenic sororities are based on christian beliefs and ideals. I am sure you will one that you like, if not, there are plenty of groups and organizations that will fill the need that you have. AU has so much to offer for anyone that it would be impossible to not connect with new friends who share the same ideas and faith that you are looking for. All the sororities offer fellowship and bible studies. Each group is amazing.

By: Agree
#3  by: +   

You will definitely find good Christian girls in each one!

By: +
#4  by: @chelsea2014   

Honestly, the above replies are absolutely correct, but the strongest probably are: ChiO, Alpha Chi, Alpha Gam, and ADPi. You will get some of all different types of girls in every sorority. I think being a girl of faith in any sorority, (especially if they are not the strongest), gives YOU an opportunity to be an influence.

By: @chelsea2014
#5  by: Yes   

All those sororities listed are great, but all the others are just as strong. Been to church with KD's, Kappas, DZ's, DG's, GPB's and PM's. See girls from all the groups there and going to bible studies, and they are all strong in their faith. All are fantastic and all have super ladies. It would be difficult to pick out just a few since they are each just as strong and based on the same principles.

By: Yes
#6  by: Each   

sorority has the best christian girl you've ever met, and the wildest girl closing down the bar every night. If you say every chapter doesn't have both of these girls, you are lying. You will find the girls with your morals in your PC no matter the sorority, I promise!

By: Each
#7  by: AU Greek   

Honestly, every sorority at Auburn has members covering the entire "moral spectrum," and you will find wonderful Christian girls in every chapter. I had the same concern as you when I went through recruitment. I was cautioned to NOT bring up my faith in recruitment conversations (a piece of advice I'm glad I took!) Trust the Lord to lead you where you're supposed to be and I promise everything will work out and you will find the right friends in whichever chapter you pledge!

By: AU Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.