facebook

where is theta good?

by: Transfer

I'm a theta at a school in the northeast and my parents moved to Alabama so I'm transferring after this coming fall. I wanted to go to Auburn at first, but I heard theta sucks here, and at Bama, and Ole Miss... Where in the south is theta actually good? It's good at my current school... I want somewhere with good football and nice people.

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: AU   

I don't understand why you posted on the auburn page then? you could help in recruitment here or disaffiliate.
But yeah theta is terrible here. mostly because they're relatively new.
It's good at a lot of schools though and has a good nationwide rep.
SEC schools theta's good at (from what I've heard)::
Georgia, Kentucky, Vandy.
Other places in the south:
FSU, OU, OSU, Mizzou, UT, Baylor, SMU, TCU, Kansas.

By: AU
#2  by: AU2   

Yeah agreed with above... theta is amazing at vandy if you can get in, and theyre very very strong at UT. I'd be careful about choosing a school based on sorority affiliation though... you can disafilliate easily and have a good experience at auburn

By: AU2
#3  by: Orrrrrr   

You could stick to your "sisterhood" and affiliate here and help the girls working hard to improve Theta. There are some questionable girls in Theta, but also a lot of great ones trying to make them better and snobs like you refusing to associate with your own "sisters" are part of whats keeping them down.

By: Orrrrrr
by: PreachApr 29, 2013 4:15:52 PM

This. We NEED Theta to continue to improve because so many girls are released still. If they didn't make it even more girls wouldn't get to be Greek. (NOT that they are any in danger of closing, just hypothetical!)

By: Preach
#4  by: Agree with Orrrrr   

In the first place, affiliation is not guaranteed, especially in the sought after chapters at Vandy, GA, KY, TX. Second, Theta at Auburn is trying hard and moving up every year. Why not give them a chance? Affiliation at Auburn could be mutually beneficial, but you're going to have to make an attitude adjustment and stop talking down other chapters in your own sisterhood. Last, choose your college based on what the university as a whole has to offer, not whether their Theta chapter "sucks" or not. Auburn is a great place, and you won't find a friendlier campus in the south.

By: Agree with Orrrrr
#5  by: Guest   

Do you have to go to Auburn? There are so many better schools in the Southeast.

By: Guest
#6  by: why   

are you even on the Auburn greek rank then?

By: why
by: GuestMay 2, 2013 9:18:05 AM

I'm here. I know.

#7  by: Honest   

Did you not get into Vandy or Georgia?

Hell it's almost worth going somewhere in TX. UT theta is supposed to be incredible and every girl I went to hs with who went to Baylor went theta and they were all really pretty, rich and popular in high school... So I'm assuming they're good at Baylor. Heard they're good at OU.

You really SHOULD try and help here. Theta's new on campus and you could help a lot.

By: Honest
by: AmyMay 15, 2013 4:04:57 PM

Theta is great at Vandy and Georgia. Obviously, these schools are much more difficult to get into than Auburn, though.

By: Amy
by: YeahMay 15, 2013 8:05:12 PM

As is Texas.

By: Yeah
#8  by: Theta    

Theta is not that bad at Alabama

By: Theta
#9  by: Question   

Why not just stay where you are? You have a room, why would you need to move because your family moved? This makes no sense and seems like a made-up question just to get people to say mean things about Theta. (Yes, we can tell that there is a person writing on here who is not from Auburn.)

By: Question
#10  by: Guest   

UVA, W&L, and Duke also have great Theta chapters

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.