facebook

help compile a comprehensive list of fraternities

by: ABG

Here's the deal, while ranking fraternities and creating tiers is all fine and good, it is a lot more important to join one where you fit in and belong as opposed to trying to get a bid at the best fraternity that you can. It's never a good idea to be the lowest bid on the totem pole. Also girls don't magically hook up with you because you are in a top tier fraternity. Did you get hot girls in high school? Yes, join Sig Tau and you will still get hot girls in college. No, join FIJI and you still won't get hot girls in college. Simple as that. I think everyone should join a fraternity if they can, it doesn't matter which one you join you are probably going to have a good time and it's a great way to network and meet new people both inside and outside your own fraternity. That being said, not every fraternity is for every person. Also make sure that their dues are within what you will be able to spend. Here is a basic outline of the dues at each fraternity (not exact because they change but likely within about $300 of the actual amount): cws.auburn.edu/IFC/ConMan/ConMan_FileDownload.aspx?FileName= Financial_Breakdown_12.pdf

So without ranking here is a fairly objective opinion of every fraternity at Auburn (feel free to comment if you have a different opinion):

Posted By: ABG
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: ABG   

^just search for Auburn Fraternity dues to find the link i tried to post. It wouldn't let me post the real address for some reason

By: ABG
by: MILFApr 25, 2013 12:05:39 AM

Cool list and all but you didn't give both ends for any fraternity. It was only all positive or all negative for each one when all fraternities have both good and bad things about them. I'll fix it

By: MILF
by: MILFApr 25, 2013 3:48:35 AM

For sure man. As much as I think this site is BS, the rushees that do happen to take it seriously need somewhere they can find honest, truthful answers, so good job with the post. Also, some of my replies were IN ADDITION to yours because you had already listed some of the positives or negatives; people reading this keep that in mind. MILF OUT

#2  by: ABG   

AGR: A very southern fraternity. I have always thought that their brothers were pretty nice and seemed reasonably cool. If you are not southern/redneck (like me) I wouldn't advise you go there but if you are go check them out. Their house is on New Row and is big but kinda old.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 12:08:54 AM

Negatives: They don't throw that great of parties and don't really attract the best looking women. Their house needs to be maintained better.

#3  by: ABG   

AKL: Don't have a house so I wouldn't really consider them.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 12:10:26 AM

"What is AKL?" is a common response around Auburn.

#4  by: ABG   

ATO: The ones I have met have seemed pretty nice. Their one big downside is their house kinda sucks, the location and the house are bad. Considered a pretty solid fraternity overall.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 1:48:10 AM

Positives: Solid numbers and a decent brotherhood
Negatives: Top sorority girls have said they're nice, but also kinda weird and creepy

by: 1716Apr 25, 2013 3:37:14 PM

you give up a lot to be in ATO. You can't underestimate having a house on an actual row.

By: 1716
#5  by: ABG   

DX: Smaller fraternity on new row. Some brothers are a little weird but not mean. Would be a good fraternity if you were looking for something smaller.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 2:27:25 AM

Negatives: Never heard of a party here, not a very good house, have no name around campus

#6  by: ABG   

DKE: Just became a fraternity and got a house near ATO (not really on a row). I wouldn't really consider them because joining a new fraternity just doesn't sound like a great idea. Again if you go and meet them and like them go for it, I haven't really liked the ones I've met though.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 2:29:25 AM

Positives: Strong nationally and it's one of the top fraternities at Bama; they should have some good funding coming their way to help them grow fast.

by: 1716Apr 25, 2013 3:38:00 PM

lets not get ahead of ourselves they are pretty bad right now unfortunately.

By: 1716
#7  by: ABG   

KA: If you are looking for a good name, southern guys, and an awesome house this is the fraternity for you. They do a good job of getting involved. I don't really like most of them but again I'm not very southern. Also they are on NEW Row whatever they try to say hahahaha.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 2:49:00 AM

Negatives: Tend to stay secluded to themselves (don't interact with any other fraternities), only party at their house when they have their few big events (you can mostly find them at the bars), not much brotherhood between pledge classes.

by: @MILFApr 25, 2013 5:11:24 PM

They're actually at their house a lot. I almost always see some of them hanging out around the back of the house and on the porch. They do run the bars though. Most of the bouncers at bourbon are KAs and one of their brothers is always playing songs there. You just don't hear of many big parties at the house because, like you said, a good bit of them are off somewhere else. Point is, you can almost always find a good bit of them having small to moderate sized parties behind their house; they just don't publicize them.

By: @MILF
#8  by: ABG   

K Sig: House burned down. Don't know anything about them. Wouldn't join just because they don't really have a house right now. On Old Row.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 2:50:13 AM

Their house is still there bud. Right next to TKE

by: ABGApr 25, 2013 2:53:28 AM

Yeah literally it is still standing but isn't it condemned or something? Anyways I don't think that they currently use it for anything. From my understanding it should be restored by next fall but idk.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 3:05:52 AM

Yeah they tried to burn it down and got kicked off campus. Now they're back and should be back in the house by the fall once it's restored.

#9  by: ABG   

LXA: House is near ATO and Phi Psi. I don't really know anything about them but people say they are good.

by: MILFApr 25, 2013 2:52:57 AM

Positives: Cool house with great location near downtown, throwing better parties nowadays, cool guys to hang with.
Negatives: Just got off probation and they're not as big as they used to be.

#10  by: ABG   

Phi Sig: Don't know that much about them.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.