facebook

superfluous self-ranking

by: sorority question

What are your thoughts on excessive self-ranking on this site?

Posted By: sorority question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: assume    

you're talking about DG with 505 posts. They did a great thing a couple of years ago by coming on here and pushing for a nicer, kinder way of "cyber" treating each other and it caught on with other sororities on this site. I guess they got "addicted" to the site and can't stay away? I personally will only post if someone posts something really negative on my sorority's wall to defend, or I have something nice to say about another sorority. All of us could post excessively on our on walls and become number 1 on here...but why would we.

By: assume
#2  by: Well said   

Well said...

By: Well said
#3  by: Agree   

I am against the way they are doing things now. It's as though they are the only sorority that matters now. They are hidin behind the idea that they are bein positive about everyone, when it reality, they are making sure no one gets ahead of them! They've found a new "nice" way to put others down by elevating themselves! Way to put a target on yourselves.

By: Agree
#4  by: AU   

I actually agree with posts above. I think it's fine to post on your own wall every once in a while, but I think everyone agrees that this has kinda gotten a little out of hand. Lets keep keeping it classy!

By: AU
by: Who cares?Dec 31, 2012 7:57:34 AM

Really? If someone wants to write on their own walls and they are not hurting anyone else...what does it matter? I am sure that all those who posted above are ranking groups just as well. AU has very good groups in all the sororities these last few years, thanks to all the fantastic girls coming through rush. Quit bashing groups and give some good posts on all of them...they all dserve it! War Eagle!

By: Who cares?
#5  by: DG   

Think they are posting LOTS but don't think they post the negative stuff. I see a ton of positives on others pages and positives on DG and I think they come from the same people.

By: DG
by: yepJan 1, 2013 8:44:56 PM

I think it is only 1 or 2 DGs on here posting. She/they love the word "groups" and post basically the same things over and over. I don't think she is being negative (hopefully) on other walls. She is obsessed with this site, her "group," posting 5s on her wall, and being positive about all "groups in her posts."

By: yep
by: @yepJan 2, 2013 11:55:51 AM

Agreed. While a bit annoying, it is totally positive and keeps our board friendly and full of Pan. love, which is what we preach to PNMs so I'm happy even the cruelest of sites is full of love at Auburn!

By: @yep
#6  by: @@yep   

Nicely put. However, wouldn't you think she/they would calm down for a while in order to promote the positive that we all love and want to continue to see on this site? Just saying...

By: @@yep
by: I actuallyJan 2, 2013 6:39:54 PM

think everyone should openly love their own group that much. How many times have I put in "ranks" but not put my own group at the top because because someone would immediately swoop in and say its laughable or that group is more middle material?? Why would I subject my amazing sorority to that scrutiny? WHO CARES. I should! I am proud of my group and I love it and it's #1 to me and screw anyone who thinks other wise. EVERY single rank on here should have your own sorority as #1. The moment we stop giving in to these ranks and actually put what we think, not what everyone wants us to think, pretty sure we will all be happier.

By: I actually
#7  by: @ I actually   

Nicely put! Everyone should think their sorority is #1! I would place mine at the top spot no matter what anyone else thinks also. My group is considered good here, but I have been at other colleges where it is not. Guess what? I still wear the letters proud no matter where I am! I have so many great friends in all the groups that I can find good things about all of them, so I give them all 5's as my choice. Again, that is my opinion and it doesn't have to be anyone elses. If you have the need to rank a group lower, then that is your choice. In the last 2-3 years, all the groups have pledged quota, and that speaks volumns about AU's solid panhellenic backing. I say be happy to be part of this experience and enjoy it!

By: @ I actually
#8  by: my perspective   

I think it comes down to motives. If motives are purely to say you love your sorority, then no one should have a problem with self ranking. If the motives are to be number one on here, then it goes against what you are saying. I think the ones who are calling for the self ranking to slow down want to know if this a competition on here or we really supporting each other. I don't think this group or any sorority is coming on here saying bad things about other sororities and ranking low. I really believe the nasty remarks by in large come from the outside. I think people felt like it was becoming more about being number one than anything else. Truth is, no sorority should be ranked with all 5s, even your own, if you're being truthful. We could all do more on campus, have a better sisterhood, have more fun or whatever those silly questions are! You have to know what average is in order to say someone is above average! Average here is - we are all great! So above average or whatever makes us what? Perfect. I don't have a problem when someone rates my sorority honestly in a kind way. I do think all 5s are overstated and anything below a 3 is mean. Your perspective may be different from mine, but that's how I think. I have never given below a 3 to any sorority and think some deserve 5s in certain areas. And I also love my sorority and think it is the top sorority (for me)! If we get a 3 for social life, I think, great, people don't think we party all the time!

By: my perspective
#9  by: ?????   

So what if people rank their sorority #1? Most girls do. So what if they rank each sorority with high marks? It's just a website and means nothing except to let people rate how much they love their own sisterhood.

By: ?????
#10  by: Sooo...   

Some girls are upset because some sororities have more high marks than others? I agree with "????". Why would anyone care high many rankings are marked? If those who are upset would like, they too could rank their own with high marks, no one is telling them not to. I like seeing the nice things that people say about each sorority and let's face it...if you are ranking your own sorority...you will rank them high. I think it is commendable that there are girls out there who will rank others as high as their own. All the sororities on campus are very good and offer great opportunities for involvement and friendship. If everyone wants to say they are #1...then who's to say they are not? Just those who want to complain about this silliness of people ranking their group too high and too much. If you have a problem...vote on yours more. Case solved.

By: Sooo...
by: @Sooo...Jan 3, 2013 6:11:33 PM

Thank you Detective Sooo...

By: @Sooo...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.