facebook

pre-rush

by: pnm

I sent in my app to rush already but have yet to pay the $135. Can someone who knows please say what happens with the whole "social media stalking" & recruitment thing? I don't know much of it at all, only saw briefly while scrolling through here. Am I going to be looked at on social media/expect random friend requests so girls doing rush for their houses will know if they're interested in me during rush week? Please explain, I'm sure many other girls would like to know this too. Thank you!

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek   

Chapter women will briefly look at your profile to make sure that you are not a raging alcoholic partier who may damage their reputation/be sent to standards/get them in trouble/etc. You can be a raging partier, many of us are, just keep your social media clean. I suggest setting all of your profiles/accounts to private to try and keep the mystery alive. They may also look to see if they have any mutual friends with you who are in their sorority and ask the sister you are friends with about you. They will also examine your profile to try and match/pair you well with a sister to rush you.
You should not receive any friend requests. We are not allowed to contact/engage with PNMS during recruitment and trying to influence you by friending you/talking to you beforehand is considered dirty rushing and is also not allowed. You will not know what chapters are very interested in you until prefs round of recruitment, so go in with an open mind, do your research (off this website, it's very catty), and good luck.
Also what they are doing is basically the same thing you are doing this website, and I am sure on the chapter's websites, instagrams, facebooks, and tumblrs: research to figure out if you might be interested in them.

By: Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.