facebook

sisterhood

by: PNM

Can anyone give a general gist of the sororities with the closest sisterhoods? That's a huge aspect for me. Opinions on this will be very appreciated until I can go through rush myself & form my own

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: w   

You will find friends in every sorority!

But stereotypically speaking many would say Chi O, KKG, DZ, Phi Mu, Sigma Kappa

By: w
by: uhMay 21, 2015 8:30:40 PM

every single house on our campus has a sisterhood. If you ask any sister from any sorority they will say they love their house and their sisters and would not want to be at any other house. Those that say otherwise would be the minority. Just go rush and see for yourself.

By: uh
#2  by: Sistertiers    

DZ XO
Phi Mu
KD KKG

AOPi
AXO Theta SK
deef Pi Phi tridelt

ADPi
AEPhi ZTA

By: Sistertiers
by: ^May 22, 2015 6:46:45 AM

Ridiculous….what do you have a "sister-o-meter" or something?

By: ^
by: shocked pnmMay 22, 2015 4:53:37 PM

is there any truth to this?

By: shocked pnm
by: SecondMay 22, 2015 5:14:36 PM

^ everything is subjective but this is pretty on point I think. Near the bottom ZTA has notoriously weak friendships and AEPhi is in trouble for hazing. Then the whole top portion is the good girl type.

By: Second
by: shocked pnmMay 23, 2015 6:58:16 AM

I was really interested in tri delta and ADPi. I'm kind of disappointed to see them so low

By: shocked pnm
by: ^hey you up thereMay 23, 2015 7:45:42 AM

Don't be disappointed. What you need to understand is that this board is FULL of people giving their opinions in an attempt to sway thoughts of PNM's now that recruitment is coming up. Ya, its all "subjective" as they say above - like one girl's "subjective" view is supposed to be credible. That girl is not even in at least 15 of those sororities and she is viewing it "subjectively"? She probably does not even know her own sisters in her own sorority but will use her "sister-o-meter" to put all the other houses down - RIDICULOUS

By: ^hey you up there
by: To pnmMay 23, 2015 9:29:34 AM

^ I don't know why tridelt is so low although I don't know any well but I agree with ADPi's position. They have to take a large number of legacies they otherwise wouldn't and they kind of treat them like second-class sisters. Otherwise most girls are really sweet but there's a big overdramatic divide. It's mean. You won't see any of them invited to recruit but PNMs deserve to know.

By: To pnm
by: HelloooMay 23, 2015 10:26:24 AM

The southern houses get too much of a pass. Yes chi o and dz are known for sisterhood but kappa? Just gets the benefit of association when actually AOPi/theta are way closer just not as stereotyped.

By: Hellooo
by: likeMay 23, 2015 5:49:30 PM

it's fine to rate and judge houses on superficial nonsense but it's suddenly wrong to admit that we all have reputations on sisterhood too? and don't give some excuse that hotness is physical and friendships are some hidden mystery...

we all see which girls are alone competing in philanthropies that aren't mandatory. and which cut biological sisters in rush...

By: like
by: hahaMay 23, 2015 11:32:54 PM

Lol shoutout to ADPI

By: haha
by: @ like ^^^May 25, 2015 7:57:18 PM

Adding on to your comment about ADPI.... AOPI drops biological sisters during rush too. I know a girl in their chapter who had her younger sister get dropped behind her back. Any sisterhood that drops the younger sister of an active member isn't a sisterhood I'd want to be in. iJs

By: @ like ^^^
by: Yes May 25, 2015 9:15:47 PM

this is on point, except you forgot dg which is probably around pi phi

By: Yes
by: noJun 2, 2015 9:34:04 PM

absolutely not. I love the sisterhood in my sorority.

By: no
#3  by: Ufsorority   

Stereotypically, sigma kappa, chi omega, phi mu, and pi phi are known to have a very strong sisterhood.

By: Ufsorority
by: whatMay 23, 2015 4:37:33 PM

SK and Pi Phi are not known for sisterhood at all....

By: what
#4  by: philanthropies   

I attended a lot of the philanthropies and intramurals this year because yay friends and supporting sisters. From what I noticed:

Phi Mu, AXO, AOPi, DZ, XO, and Theta had a lot of sisters at almost every event cheering on their team/girl/etc.

Most of the other sororities had an adequate amount of sisters, but not overwhelming.

ZTA and ADPi, I noticed, had the least amount of attendance. There was one philanthropy where a ZTA walked on stage and nobody cheered for her so we all just kind of awkwardly clapped. A lot of ADPi teams/contestants/etc. had a noticeable lack of girls in attendance as well. Just awk.

So I would say that that ranking above is rather accurate, the sisterhood tiers, with the exception of KD and KKG, which should probably be put under Theta.

:)

ALSO AEPhi is rumored to be in trouble for hazing, but the few AEPhi girls I know all seem rather close so idk man.

By: philanthropies
by: IdkMay 28, 2015 11:49:18 AM

I wouldn't judge the sisterhood of a chapter by attendance at philanthropies. Its hard to seperate out who's being supportive, and who's only there so they won't get fined. All houses have some drama, and all houses will give you lifelong friends. PNMs will find a solid group no matter where they go.

By: Idk
#5  by: Former freshman   

If you're looking for sisterhood chi o and dz will be the first you'll hear about and mostly zeta is the one everyone will warn you against.

I heard the same and like during recruitment it became pretty obvious. That doesn't mean everything for example Chi o was still way too conservative for me to feel comfortable but it's something to really consider.

By: Former freshman
by: here's the thingMay 24, 2015 8:39:34 AM

I am now graduated and looking back on this board cracks me up. When I went through rush the most popular houses were the ones I wanted to be a part of. I was disappointed when I did not get my choice. But I joined a house that was perfect for me. Every house on this board gets bashed but if you ask the girls in all those houses they probably love where they ended up. You will make close friends in any of the 16 houses. You will have fun in any of them. Will there be girls in your sorority that are not like you because they are not as conservative? Yes, guaranteed. Will there be girls who don't seem to be into a close sisterhood? Yes, guaranteed. Go through rush and don't worry about what others think about each house. Have fun and you will be happy in the end. Good luck.

By: here's the thing
#6  by: Yo   

I went to a desserts philanthropy thing and there were a million DZs there, all sitting together and having a really good time. IMO, DZ is the house to look at in terms of sisterhood. But every house has its problems! And honestly, you can find sisterhood in any house you end up joining.

By: Yo
#7  by: Yo   

I went to a desserts philanthropy thing and there were a million DZs there, all sitting together and having a really good time. IMO, DZ is the house to look at in terms of sisterhood. But every house has its problems! And honestly, you can find sisterhood in any house you end up joining.

By: Yo
#8  by: ~~~   

Bump

By: ~~~
#9  by: My opinion   

Phi Mu is the best for sisterhood. DPhiE sisters seem close too.

By: My opinion
#10  by: Bump   

This is important mostly just be wary of the very low-sisterhood houses because... Three weeks from bid day it becomes very clear.

By: Bump

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.