facebook

recruitment

by: oh

I am transferring to UF in the fall and all of my friends from high school are already in sororities. When I ask them about how to get in they don't seem to give the idea that they will help me in. They just keep saying keep an open mind. I don't want to get my hopes up. My friends from high school are in tri delta, ADpi and DG and I like all three. At the recruitment parties should I tell the girls of those houses that I am high school friends with them so they will know and realize that we are all friends? I am so nervous and stressed over this.

Posted By: oh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yup   

They are right. keep an open mind. there are 16 sororities and all of them have something to offer. the sororities that your friends are in are top tiered but there are others you might like better.

By: yup
#2  by: Guest   

Honestly keeping an open mind is your best option. Even if you end up in a different house, chances are you will still be friends with them. Your friends can't technically do anything to ensure you a position in their sorority, so mentioning that you know them won't really do much for you either. Just relax and be yourself and you'll end up where you belong.

By: Guest
#3  by: No   

Your friends probably already told us about you if they want you in their house, don't seem try hard

By: No
#4  by: Sorority girl   

It may seem like your friends don't care when they're telling you that but they actually can't say much besides that! There are lots of rules about what active members can and cannot say to PNMs so don't take it personally. Go through recruitment, keep an open mind, and try not to talk to your friends about it because that can make it awkward for both you and them. You will do great!

By: Sorority girl
by: sophomore pnmMay 4, 2015 2:19:42 AM

what are the rules? I don't wanna embarrass myself asking my real life actual friends (okay, friend) in a sorority

By: sophomore pnm
by: hey sophomoreMay 4, 2015 7:37:04 PM

you probably won't get a bid…sorry

By: hey sophomore
by: rulesMay 5, 2015 3:39:59 PM

Just don't talk about recruitment to them

By: rules
#5  by: already a sister   

just saying, each girl in a chapter knows girls who want to be in it. one person cannot pull for an entire chapter. you have to impress other sisters who rush you. and don't say "you like all three" or you ask them "how to get in" its not that simple. looking back on recruitment my freshman year, and i think a lot of people would agree, that it is not up to you a lot of the time. the girls are judging you and picking YOU.

going through rush people will say "find a house thats a good fit for you" when really the houses are finding good fits for themselves.

not being mean~this is just how it goes.

By: already a sister

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.