facebook

help! don't understand rushing!

by: Newbie

I wanted to know how rushing happens. How do you get from house to house and chose what you like, and how many days of meeting people. also how do the bids work? and how long after everything happens, do you find out from which places you got a bid? really hope someone can help me! never had a sibling go through college so, I'm the first and am soooo lost

Posted By: Newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Um   

Okay chill.
It's not even November, you don't register for recruitment for at least 7-8 more months.
Also, I suggest getting off this site and forming your own opinions. It's toxic. Lucky for me I found it after I got a bid and joined a chapter.
But now to answer your question:
There are three rounds and preferentials.
Round 1: This year it was split over two days. You visited half the houses (8) on day one, and the other half on day two. You travel with your pi chi group which is assigned at orientation and in alphabetical order. Your pi chi (Panhellenic counselor) will lead you to each house. At the end of day two, you go and preference your houses. Basically, you write down 11 houses that you would like to go back to, and then rank the last five houses in order of how much you like them (1- would go back to, 5- never go back again). Then the computer does it's thing and you get a schedule the next morning of the houses that have invited you back. If all of your top 11 houses invited you back, that is where you go. That is usually not likely, so most people go back to houses that were on their list of 5 and some do not have a full schedule.
Round 2: This was also split over two days. You get a schedule of parties for the first day of Round 2 and you get yourself to the houses based on the times. You wait outside the house and pi chi's will organize you how the chapter requests them to. Then you come back on day 2 and get the list of remaining houses that invited -cont-

By: Um
by: UmOct 20, 2014 10:43:10 PM

-cont- You back. At the end of your last party for Round 2- it could end that morning, it could be the last party of the day depending on your schedule since not everybody has a party at every time slot- you go and preference your top 7 houses and rank the rest from 1-3 (if you had a full 11 houses for Round 2).
Round 3- This round was one day. You get your list of the houses that invited you back and the party times the morning of Round 3. You attend the parties, and at the end of your last party you preference your top 3, and rank your last 4 (if you had a full schedule of 7).
Preferentials- This happened in the afternoon. You get your schedule that afternoon when you arrive and attend all the parties you were invited to. Then you go and rank your houses from 1-3 in terms of preference.
Bid Day- You gather at a specific location with all of the PNMs and gather in pi chi groups. You receive an envelope with a card in it, and once the Pi chi's say you can open it- you do. The computer system figures out who gets bids to where, but it's based on mutual selection. You then get bused to your new home. :)
At any time during the process you can be released from recruitment and receive a call from your pi chi that you were not invited back to any parties. Also, if you miss a party you are released from recruitment.
Hope this helps, and best of luck!!! :)
(Please note that this is all for Formal Recruitment in the Fall)

By: Um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.