facebook

rushing as a junior

by: junior

am i cooked if i rush as a junior. i feel like i've missed out on a lot of the college experience by not being in a sorority but would i even get any houses back rushing as a junior lol

Posted By: junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: go for it   

My big rushed as a Junior. Most houses don't make you compete for spaces against freshman, they sort of have spots for juniors or sophomores that they might really love, but it's definitely limited and not guaranteed.

By: go for it
by: ^nope^Apr 18, 2024 3:33:43 PM

That's not the way it works; there are no limited spots at any houses reserved for juniors or sophomores. The way it actually works is that during recruitment there is a separate pool for upperclassmen so they don't have to compete for spots with freshmen at any house. Upperclassmen have a separate quota from the freshmen and it works the same way: more upperclassmen rushing = more bids. And the best part is that someone rushing as a junior should know members in sororities already, and should let them know she is rushing and interested in their chapters so they can speak for her during recruitment.

By: ^nope^
by: go fot itApr 18, 2024 5:34:04 PM

Well that's basically what I was trying to say, you just said it in more detail.

By: go fot it
#2  by: you can do it   

You don't have to be a freshman. I was a sophomore when I rushed. I know girls that rushed as juniors and had a great two years. I know a girl that rushed as a junior and was actually at UF 5 years getting her degree, so she ended up having 3 years with her house. Do it!

By: you can do it

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.