facebook

just a perspective

by: ?

Would you join to set up a new frat like Kappa Sigma and Phi Kappa Psi from last year or so, or join a more established one like Lambda and Sigep?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek   

I'm assuming that this is a self post from either Kappa Sigma Phi Kappa Psi Sig Ep or Lambda.

However, if you want to rush you should look around. The kids in KE or Phi Psi may be great. The kids in sig ep or lambda could be great. Or they could all be tools.

Never join a frat based on reputation since in a year they could get kicked off campus or you could end up hating the guys. Don't assume the guys in new frats are losers or the guys in established frats are awesome.

There are awesome kids as well as tools in each frat. That's how groups of 50+ kids are. Look around and find the group that you fit into the best.

By: Greek
#2  by: ?   

Just wondering dude. I have to admit though, that was probably the best answer I have seen here in a while. And is setting up a new frat like the previous two mentioned here, easier than kick starting a frat like ATO and Aepi?

By: ?
by: fraternityMar 3, 2015 4:31:39 PM

I will admit I am in a fraternity but I am friends with a lot of kids in different fraternities here at URI. Lambda is considered one of the top on campus here but from what I have heard they are going down hill a little. I have been to a few parties and have friends in Phi Psi and they are a good group of dudes. I was in a similar predicament as you and I ended up going with the safer route and choosing one of the more established fraternities here already. If you are looking to put in the time and effort then I would say Phi Psi but if ur looking to just party then Lambda. Meet the guys in both and see how you feel about them

By: fraternity
#3  by: ?   

Just wondering dude. I have to admit though, that was probably the best answer I have seen here in a while. And is setting up a new frat like the previous two mentioned here, easier than kick starting a frat like ATO and Aepi?

By: ?
#4  by: PKP   

I'm in Phi Psi, I hope none of our members are participating in anonymous self-promoting.

Having said that, everyone here is giving good advice. You need to investigate each fraternity that sounds appealing to you, see if their ideologies coincide with your own, and then see about how well you mesh with their membership. Joining a fraternity is a life-long commitment, and you want to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

Also, being in a colony can be hard, but it feels rewarding at times.

By: PKP
by: Greek Mar 3, 2015 7:04:33 PM

Good for you saying you hope your members do not participate in self ranking. Unfortunately when Phi Psi is listed under the frat section, self ranking will occur just like with eveyone else.

I looked at my frats ranking and there were 3 posts within 5 minutes of eachother saying how great it is. That's why this website is a joke.

Do rankings matter? If you're top tier frat became bottom tier next semester would you all of a sudden not like your brothers/sisters? Each frat/sorority is top tier to its true members.

By: Greek
#5  by: Woo   

I don't think fake rankings matter at all. I've met so many awesome people in all of the fraternities. We all stand for the same values, that's all that matters.

By: Woo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.