facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: Sk

I am going to be a sophomore next year and am looking to rush a top tier sorority, am I at a disadvantage because I am a sophomore, do some of them not give out bids to sophomores? I was thinking of rushing alpha phi, adpi, sdt or dz

Posted By: Sk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

Some of them absolutely only want freshmen. Unless you are smoking hot, rich, and have a 4.0, you need to give EVERY house a chance. There are houses of every tier that cut upperclassmen, not just the top tier.

By: truth
#2  by: Hmm   

Sophomores do get bids, but I wouldn't get your heart set on top tier. Think about why you want top tier anyways? What do you really know about ALL the houses. If you go into it dead set on a couple of houses and get dropped, you might have missed out on an opportunity to go greek at another house you were truly meant to be in.

By: Hmm
#3  by: meh   

I know a girl who got into alpha phi as a sophomore last year.. honestly, you need connections... you should've spent your time as a sophomore befriending them!

By: meh
#4  by: anon   

Don't listen to the "you need connections." I'm happy to say that I rushed as a sophomore, and I preffed 2 top tier houses! If you are fun, smart and an outgoing girl, you have nothing to worry about during rush :)

By: anon
#5  by: Lol   

Don't listen to anyone in this post except the girl above me! I rushed fall 13' and got into a top tier house (one of the few you named) and I'm absolutely in love! Oh, and I knew no one! RUSH RUSH RUSH!

By: Lol
#6  by: N   

Bump

By: N
#7  by: n   

DONT rush SDT. They are not top tier. And they suck.

By: n
#8  by: Go for it   

It all comes down to personality! Girl you gotta stand out! It isn't impossible by any means, I know sophomores who got into both ADPi and Alpha Phi, SDT dropped them all last year but who knows if they will this year or not. I know ADPi took some abroad student who was a Junior last fall...

By: Go for it

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.