facebook

rushing

by: Freshman

As a freshman who wants to rush a fraternity next semester is there even a point in going to rush events eing held this semester? And if I don't will it hurt my chances of getting into a frat?

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ..   

Fall rush events are done.

Topic over

By: ..
#2  by: if   

i would definitely go. theyre probably having them because they have a lot of interest from rushees. the more you are around, the more of a chance you have of getting a bid.

By: if
#3  by: if   

if they have an event, they have it for a reason.

#4  by: Rush   

Lots of houses have most of their spring pledge class picked by the end of the fall. The sooner you introduce yourself and make yourself known, the better chance you have of getting in. Unless you rush Pike, who lets everyone in.

By: Rush
by: ifOct 22, 2014 1:33:10 PM

if you're looking at something like phi psi or kappa sig then it would be a good idea to meet their guys sooner. theyve been competitive this year.

also to a lesser extent tke and maybe sig chi and delt - it cant hurt.

by: ummOct 22, 2014 1:40:16 PM

my bf rushed delt, pike, and sigchi. sigchi bid him right away, delt did after two events, and pike didn't at all. He wanted to be sigchi most and then pike so im a little confused as to why people think pike bids everyone?

He didn't join sigchi because he changed his mind, so should he wait join pike?

By: umm
by: re: ummOct 22, 2014 1:43:28 PM

Probably because sig chi and delt aren't as exclusive as they like to make out. Both are very middle tier

By: re: umm
#5  by: sig   

Sig chi, TKE, and delt bid basically any random weirdo that rushes.
However, i'm surprised that he got a bid fom sig chi and delt but not pike... thats weird. i didnt know pike was recruiting that well. good job i guess

By: sig
by: gfOct 23, 2014 8:05:53 AM

do any of them look at grades more? He and I were confused why pike didnt bid him, so could that have been it?

By: gf

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.