facebook

Is there really a difference in sisterhood by house?

by: Neil Ave

I feel like whenever we see sorority rankings/tiers on here, there are always people quick to point out that the lower houses have great sisterhood or whatever.

But is there really a difference in "sisterhood" from house to house? Like does one house really have a superior sisterhood compared to the others? Or on the opposite end, does a house have that poor of sisterhood compared to everyone else?

It just seems like its one of those things that lower tier house say to cope with the fact they're in the lower tier. But I'm also agnostic to the idea that it might be true. I've always got the impression that when people rank/tier houses on here, it's with the idea that sisterhood is pretty equal across each house, and it's other components being ranked.

Posted By: Neil Ave
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yapper   

WE GOT A YAPPER. GET A JOB BUDDY

By: Yapper
by: Neil AveMar 28, 2024 7:26:10 PM

[Reads more than 10 words] Woah this is way too much!!!

By: Neil Ave
#2  by: No   

I don't know if it's even across the board, but the idea that lower tier houses somehow have better sisterhood definitely is cope. Or I guess I should say they certainly aren't immune to having issues, same with higher tier houses.

One thing I often notice when observing those lower tiered houses. They often have cliques of girls who wanted to be in the upper tier houses. They're more social and outgoing and probably just missed the cut in those other houses. I often get the sense that those girls can be VERY judgmental of other members in their house who might not be as... socially inclined. They’re often a little resentful of the fact they didn’t get a bid to higher tier house, and think they can change the dynamic of their house by moving it up the rankings.

By: No
by: YepMar 29, 2024 1:29:43 PM

In regards to the paragraph. I can think of one lower tier house who this very much applies to.

By: Yep
#3  by: Nick    

I think that there is a closer or more common bond with lower tier houses in that those girls are fighting a battle against others social perceptions of them, as individuals and as a group. They bond a little bit stronger because it is them against the many who will jeer at them, call them names and try to present them as not as good as people who are in higher tiered houses. That doesn’t mean that higher tiered houses don’t have good sisterhood either. It’s important to remember that there is a house for everyone. Try not to judge based on tiers. Get to know the houses and if you must judge base it on the merit of the women in that house and not on a popularity contest.

By: Nick
by: MehMar 30, 2024 5:39:02 PM

There’s definitely some sisterhood issues in lower tier sororities. Especially with the more popular, social girls

By: Meh
#4  by: well....   

The strats that select members primarily by looks tend to have more toxic sisterhoods. They end up with sisterhoods based on more superficial qualities.

By: well....
by: well...Apr 2, 2024 11:57:45 AM

actually, it's truth by an average girl lol

By: well...
#5  by: LOL   

The answer is yes. Why would a lower tier house have such stronger sisterhood than a higher tier house? What innate feature do they have that would lead to it?

By: LOL
by: LolApr 6, 2024 11:20:39 AM

Do I need to spell it out again? Houses that choose girls based on looks will never have the kind of sisterhood of houses where that sort of thing isn’t prioritized

By: Lol
#6  by: Brad   

Everyone intrinsically knows the only real ranking system for sororities is looks. There’s really not much too it, as for sisterhood, there’s no such thing, they all hate each other.

By: Brad

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.