facebook

pref round

by: CrossPref

What are the typical cross prefs? I'm sure we see Pi Phi/Alpha Phi/Kappa, XO/TriDelta and KD/Theta, but what are the others?

Posted By: CrossPref
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: most times   

theta/xo
alphaphi/ddd
kappa/xo
alphaphi/dg
piphi/kd
kd/xo
theta/ddd

sorry if that's confusing but the chapters have different types of girls within them, so like the alternative quirky alpha phi and thetas normally cross with ddd then, or the quiet polite girls from kappa and kd cross with xo... honestly they cross more on little personality type things than they do tiers

By: most times
by: Pref RoundDec 2, 2013 8:11:21 PM

I preffed Kappa/KD/Pi Phi

By: Pref Round
#2  by: active   

It can be all over the place. I know one girl that had KD/XO/AXiD and another that had DG/KD/AXO

By: active
by: For meNov 21, 2013 3:27:09 PM

I went to pi phi, ddd, and alpha phi, my best friend (we are really similar looks scale and personality wise) went to dg, fuzz, and aopi... It's honeslt all over the place and the groupings up there are pretty close to normal

By: For me
by: agreeNov 21, 2013 8:01:09 PM

Yeah I preffed DDD, Theta, and AOPi, and I honestly probably would have been happy in any of the three.

By: agree
#3  by: Uptoyou!   

I preffed KD Aphi and AGD! Loved AGD even though it is what most people would consider the lowest chapter, but screw those people allll the chapters are awesome in their own ways

By: Uptoyou!
by: Lowest?Nov 22, 2013 1:57:43 PM

Do you mean the one that is not in the "top tier". I wouldn't consider AGD lowest by any mean.

By: Lowest?
#4  by: Pref   

Last round I went to Theta, KD, and DDD and had such a hard time choosing my chapter because I really liked them all

By: Pref
#5  by: pnm   

is ddd that good?

By: pnm
by: answerNov 22, 2013 9:57:56 AM

DDD is regarded as the best sorority not in the "big 6." It's about on par with KD, but doesn't hang out with the top fraternities as much. They're more likely to hang out with upper middle frats like Pike, Kappa Sig, etc

By: answer
by: yes and noNov 22, 2013 10:08:00 AM

they probably cross-pref the most reliably with top tier houses, but then when bid day comes while they still have great girls plenty of them end up in the top tier houses instead

By: yes and no
#6  by: DDD   

DDD cross preffs the most with the top tier houses, but most girls that go to DDD last round as well with the top tier houses (theta aphi KKG KD pi phi DG) end up going to those houses instead of DDD. Tri delt just hasn't had a super solid year yet where they have gotten a lot of girls that also preffed the top tier.

By: DDD
by: basicallyNov 22, 2013 12:09:26 PM

if you have 5 pnms with ddd and they pref like this:

1) kappa, kd, ddd
2) alpha phi, dg, ddd
3) ddd, theta, xo
4) pi phi, ddd, agd
5) theta, ddd, kd

The 1,2, and 5 girl will like 75% end up in one "top tier" houses, either because she wants the recognition on being "top tier" or just genuinely likes it better
Then when you look at pnms 3 & 4, they might not be as qualified for the top tier, so either the top tier wont put them high on their bid list so theyll end up at ddd, or being "top tier" wasnt as important to them so theyll pick ddd

By: basically
by: DDDNov 22, 2013 2:00:13 PM

Yeah, I think DDD ends up getting the girls that typically cross pref with other mid tier or lower mid tier chapters.

By: DDD
#7  by: pref   

Do most girls usually get asked back to 3 houses for the last round (pref round) most of the time? Or is it common to only get asked back to 1 or 2 houses for pref round and not have 3 choices?

By: pref
by: re: prefNov 22, 2013 4:48:38 PM

I would say that most girls are asked back to 2 or 3 houses for pref. If you only have two, but they're good houses, don't freak out. I had a friend who was only asked back to KD & AXiD, but she liked both of them so it wasn't a big deal. Some people get asked back to 3 but they all suck... ie. those who only have one good house and then DZ and AOpi as their other options usually end up suiciding the better house (only putting that one down on their bid card) or just dropping out of recruitment altogether

By: re: pref
by: PrefNov 22, 2013 6:29:03 PM

I had 3, so did many others. The girls I knew that had 1 or 2 were not necessarily cut hard early on. They were picking the top houses but when it came to the very end, the top cut them before pref. It's hard to predict since RFM makes things real fickle. Houses with historically high return rates are not permitted to invite as many girls back as those that traditionally have lower return rates. That's why you see so many girls returning to lower houses. If you are cut, it's not that we don't like you, it's more of we like other girls better.

By: Pref
by: SometimesNov 23, 2013 10:09:01 AM

I only got asked back to Alpha phi and XO. But I only wrote down four so I didn't get asked back to two

By: Sometimes
#8  by: cuts   

what are specific things girls should avoid doing going into recruitment that make them get cut??

By: cuts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.