facebook

help

by: ugh

i just rushed and im in a sorority who i thought was different until i got in. they are not classy and are really sloppy, not just with drinking but literally every aspect in life hah i dont want to be a part of that. trouble is im a sophomore so im scared to drop and rush again... what should i do?

Posted By: ugh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

I'll give you advice if you say what house it is

By: lol
#2  by: yo   

what sorority is it?

By: yo
#3  by: ugh   

chi omega

By: ugh
by: lolFeb 3, 2015 7:15:58 PM

I'd drop and rush again

By: lol
by: loolooFeb 3, 2015 9:47:56 PM

I agree with lol

Just explain during your second round of rush that you're really looking for a sorority that shares your same ideals and be upfront about what they are. I liked Chi O this year when I rushed but I found that I didn't share a lot of the same interests/values as the girls in there. And that's perfectly okay!

It doesn't make sense to pay to be in a sorority that you don't feel at home in. I can't say for certain that drama won't ensue when you first drop, so be prepared for that. You sound like a respectable girl who rushed for the right reasons, and if you explain your situation when you rush (like girls will ask why you're rushing as a junior; explain that you were in a house [I wouldn't say which one] and you weren't really sure what you wanted, but now you know and want to give it another shot.)

It might be harder the second time around, but there were at least 4 juniors in my house's latest pc this year. I wouldn't worry too much. Do what's right for you.

By: looloo
by: @loolooFeb 4, 2015 5:10:36 AM

Unfortunately if they dropped now, they wouldn't be able to rush next year, so they would have to rush as a senior.

By: @looloo
#4  by: ACTUAL OP   

I am NOT in chi omega and I'm annoyed someone would pretend to be me just to shame them more. I'm not telling you what my house is either because it's irrelevant. Unfortunately I'm already initiated...

By: ACTUAL OP
by: WellFeb 18, 2015 6:19:40 PM

Then you can't rush again once you're initiated. IF you felt this way you should have dropped before you became an initiated member or talked to your big if you felt this way. That's why there are bigs and littles because someone who's been in the house longer can help you make decisions

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.