facebook

best fraternities

by: Outsider

Hey I am transferring to OU and i always wondered what are the fraternity rankings at OU? For example, which houses have the best brotherhood, social schedules, reputation, parties, etc? Also how large of a role does being in a 'top tier' house play in comparison to schools who take greek life very seriously like Miami, IU, and OSU

Thanks in advance

Posted By: Outsider
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority Rank   

In my opinion

"Top Tier"
Phi Kappa Tau
Acacia
Phi Kappa Psi
Sigma Phi Epsilon

"Middle Tier"
Sigma Pi
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Alpha Epsilon Pi
Beta Theta Pi
Phi Delta Theta

"Bottom Tier"
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Chi
Pi Kappa Phi
Phi Kappa Theta
Delta Upsilon

My opinion is based on what I have observed, and my personal like and dislike of certain fraternities, so its definitely biased.

I would say that Phi Tau, Phi Kap, and DU have some of the best brotherhoods.
All of the fraternities have pretty good social calendars, with the exception of the ones that I put as bottom tier.

I don't really think being in a top tier house is that important at OU.

Hopefully some other people will reply to you so you can get more opinions and a more accurate idea of OU's greek life!

By: sorority Rank
#2  by: frat guy   

i'm in a fraternity with a pretty strong sense of brotherhood, but i don't want to just boast my house because everyone will do that. what i will say is that i see SAEs fighting with eachother and with women all the time, and I know for a fact that their ex-president used to beat his girlfriend. Phi Taus are a solid group of guys, as well as Phi Kaps. they aren't the biggest chapters, but i'd say they're some of the most well-rounded. Phi Psi is a bunch of people who fit the definition of "tryhard," and come off a bit creepy and annoying. Sigma Pis are for the most part douches, i've never met one of them i could stand being around.
hope this helps a bit, but don't take what you see on here too seriously. if you're interested in rushing, try a few houses and see where you fit in, there's something for everyone.

By: frat guy
#3  by: Bobcat Brews   

Top Tier:
Phi Tau
ACACIA
Sigma Pi
Lambda Chi
Phi Psi

Middle Tier:
Phi Kap
Phi Delt
SAE
Beta

Bottom Tier:
Delta Upsilon
AEPi
Theta Chi

I, along with surely anyone else in the OU greek system, would strongly recommend you to check out at least a solid handful of chapters both before and at the beginning of rush week. After you spend a little time at a few fraternity houses/rush events you should have a good idea of where you want to spend your next couple years as a Bobcat. Good luck!

PS, good choice on the transfer. Transferring to OU was the best decision I've ever made. Enjoy.

By: Bobcat Brews
#4  by: This Guy   

The guy who posted above me is obviously a Lambda Chi

By: This Guy
by: That GuyAug 17, 2013 11:58:50 AM

^this

By: That Guy
#5  by: Go Greek   

Don't get caught up in the "tier" system. This just makes you join for the wrong reasons. I know it can be hard to find the right chapter because you basically have to know someone in one to check it out. One of our members checked out at least five different chapters before he found us. If you see a guy around campus wearing letters just ask them about rushing. Honestly, if they care at all about their chapter they won't mind.

By: Go Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.