facebook

rushing as a junior?

by: rushingasjr

Is it strange if I were to rush next fall as a junior? I originally was not interested in rushing, but recently I have changed my mind. I just didn't know if it would be too late.

Posted By: rushingasjr
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GRΣΣK GIRL   

Although I don't know whether you are a male or female, I am going to give you the information for joining a sorority as a junior. I have seen many juniors go through recruitment in the past, although it isn't strange, it is generally harder to get into a house during your junior year for various reasons. All chapters require a minimum gpa in order to give someone a bid, this is anywhere from a 2.5 to a 3.0 depending on the house. Many chapters also expect you to live in the house for at least 1 year, this means that you would most likely need to live in the sorority house your senior year if you did recruitment as a junior.

There are a few chapters that had informal recruitment this spring. I am unaware of whether or not they filled their open spots, but you could always ask them. If you contact a chapter, you can explain to them why you are interested in going greek and see if they have open spots. If they do, they may invite you to their house to get to know some of their members. I would recommend this over doing recruitment as a junior.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

By: GRΣΣK GIRL
#2  by: JuniorOU   

I'm recently wondering the same thing! I changed my mind about wanting to rush after seeing how much fun my roommate had in hers and now I think joining a sorority would be a great experience. I was just worried about being to old or it being to late to rush.

By: JuniorOU
by: NeverTooLateJun 21, 2013 11:48:04 AM

It's never too late to go through recruitment! Check out the Ohio U WPA website for information on Fall formal recruitment!

By: NeverTooLate
#3  by: No Worries   

It really is never too late to rush and even though most houses have a requirement that you live there, there is always the chance you can get out of it if you sign a lease. Just a fair warning, some houses don't like to take juniors but others couldn't care less because it truly doesn't matter. If you want to be greek, be greek. Especially coming from someone who rushed her as a freshman in the fall and had juniors in her pledge class, it's well worth it. And there's always informal.

By: No Worries
#4  by: Been There Done That   

I'm now an alumna, but wanted to let you know that I successfully rushed as a Junior. HOWEVER I didn't go through formal rush. By the time I got to my Junior year, I had basically narrowed down the houses I was interested in and figured that I'd be tossed out after Welcome Day of formal rush based solely on the fact that I was a Junior - instead, I rushed informally after formal recruitment ended. I knew a couple of girls in the houses I was interested in and checked them out. Ended up finding my place, and I'm still so happy that I made the decision to go for it. My only wish is that I would've rushed sooner ... but it's definitely never too late! Also - I did live in my house my senior year, but there were a lot of other seniors (who had rushed as freshman / sophomores) also living there - sure, there were rules, but it was a LOT of fun. Would do it again, no question.

By: Been There Done That
by: Greek WomanAug 31, 2013 1:18:10 AM

This young woman gives great advice, but I encourage you to participate in formal recruitment. There is not always informal recruitment, and due to the number of women registered for recruitment, it is HIGHLY unlikely that informal recruitment events will take place

By: Greek Woman

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.