facebook

drinking/partying

by: So Many Questions

I want to join a sorority for the sisterhood aspect and the philanthropies. I don't care about partying and drinking. So what, we go to the number 3 biggest party school. It's not really that fun. Can someone please give me honest advice on how much the different sororities party and drink? I know some girls more than others but as a general sorority, how prevalent is it?

Posted By: So Many Questions
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Panhellic   

Each sorority has a mix of women. Some of the women party more than others, but there are some women that don't party as much as others. It just depends on the woman in the chapter.

By: Panhellic
#2  by: <3   

It's not all about drinking. Contrary to popular belief and stereotype, there are sorority women who do not drink or party in each of the 9 groups. There are girls in each group out every weekend. There are girls in each group who are out once a month. There are girls in each group that go out every weekend and DON'T drink. If you are rushing, you will end up where you are meant to be. And once you are there, you will find your niche. :-) Best of luck!

By: <3
#3  by: American Gentleman   

a general breakdown of ohio university sororities:

PI BETA PHI: above average looks, moderate/heavy drinkers, generally cool to hang out with
CHI OMEGA: very attractive, but with great looks apparently comes an elevated level of snobbiness, moderate drinkers, average to hang out with
DELTA GAMMA: the women of DG are an eclectic bunch. they range from 1-10 on looks, but any woman would be able to fit in with a some of the ladies of DG, good image with the university.
ALPHA GAMMA DELTA: Similar to Delata Gamma in the aspect that they have a broad group of women.
ALPHA XI DELTA: average looking girls for the most part, probably one of the most laid back sororities, easy to talk to and hang out with.
ALPHA DELTA PI: really nice out going girls, involved in the community, good image with the university, a select few are very stuck up though.
SIGMA KAPPA: average looking women, but they put forth great effort to make up what they lack in looks with personality. Easy to socialize with and relatively laid back.
DELTA ZETA: friendly girls, with good personalities. not the most attractive group of ladies, but they cant all be super models
ALPHA OMICRON PI: similar to Delta Zeta in that they are friendly and try really hard to portray themselves in an attractive manner, but a majority of the time they fall short of their goal.

In short, the sororities of ohio university are a diverse group of women. any young lady interested in going greek will surely find.... read next post

By: American Gentleman
#4  by: American Gentleman   

a group of women that they are going to fit in with and share great memories with, the best advice i can give on which sorority to join would be to venture out and explore them all, and if the only bids you get are from the houses of Delta Zeta or Alpha Omicron Pi, then i would suggest studying really hard and becoming extremely intelligent because odds are the male gender wont be giving you any handouts, youre gonna have to work.

By: American Gentleman
#5  by: bobcat   

why would you go to the former number 1 party school if you don't like to party?

By: bobcat
#6  by: At bobcat^^^   

I agree. Drink or gtfo.

By: At bobcat^^^
#7  by: mightrushwhoknows   

hey american gentleman,
I didnt think your post was degrading or mean and found it helpful. to 'so many questions" i do not drink or party either and im planning on rushing this comming fall. Did you have any luck?

By: mightrushwhoknows
by: Some AdviceMay 20, 2013 5:59:42 PM

Hey girl! I personally don't suggest getting information about the sororities from this website, because almost everything on here is biased. If you want information on the different sororities on campus checkout www.ohio.wpa.com and take a look at the chapter profiles! They should have some information on their about who you can contact to get more info on greek life as a whole! I highly recommend not listening to others people's opinions, because they will cloud your own and you may end up making a decision that you will regret later on. Also keep in mind, that many of the post on here are older and things have probably changed since they've been posted! Each sorority changes a little bit every semester and they will be different in the FAll than they were when this was posted since they have seniors that have now graduated. Hope this was helpful!

By: Some Advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.