facebook

fraternities

by: Fall 2015

I know this site is fake and people can post anything so ill take what is said with a grain of salt but - I am coming here in the fall and ive heard from my college friends how like fraternities and sororities kinda rise and fall over the years

Could yall shed some HONEST light on which fraternities are on the rise / or good that i should be interested in?

Posted By: Fall 2015
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Trueeee   

In no particular order:
Delta Sig- consistently good, not changing anytime soon.
Sigma Chi- going down slightly maybe. They're losing their house in a few years.
Sigma Nu- they bid everything with a pulse so they aren't going up, but not really going down either. More members means money which means more parties.
Phi Delt- never hear anything about them but girls seem to like them. On the rise.
KA- not rising or falling. Generally compete for the same guys as delta sig and sigma chi but more southern.
Lambda Chi- on the rise. Similar to sigma nu, I think they will be better though.
Sigma Pi- Falling. I think they're in trouble. They've always seemed shady.
Kappa Sig- rising. Getting PKP's house supposedly, so they should be able to get a decent pledge class.

These are the only fraternities with any relevance at state. All of them have cool guys, it's just a matter of finding a group you fit best with.
Theta Chi, Fiji, and Sig Ep are bottom tier and aren't changing anytime soon.

By: Trueeee
#2  by: agreed   

like the above poster said, literally the only relevant fraternities at state and in no particular order are:

Off campus:
sigma chi
Delta sig
sigma pi
phi delt

And (next fall) the Greek Court fraternities:
KA
Kappa Sig
Lambda Chi
Sigma Nu

every other fraternity sucks and arent worth taking a look at unless you want to be part of the laughing stock of greek life at state

By: agreed
by: agreedApr 17, 2015 3:30:19 PM

sorry forgot to include SAE in the greek court fraternities - theyre kinda small though

By: agreed
#3  by: yeah   

most accurate breakdown yet

By: yeah
#4  by: yes   

follow this advice freshmen, its the most fair advice out there notice the girl/guy doesnt bash any fraternity outside of probations ect.. and doesnt really praise one either...

By: yes
#5  by: incoming freshmen    

why is sig ep low I know a guy in sig so at state he said they were one of the best ones?

By: incoming freshmen
#6  by: haha   

lol at sig ep groupies trying to make it look like their boyfriend's fraternity is even relevant

By: haha
#7  by: yup   

Check the IFC page to make sure they are legit and not on probation (theta chi) or an underground fraternity (Theta tau)

By: yup
by: kidJul 21, 2015 8:35:43 PM

Theta tau isn't underground, they just left IFC is all.

By: kid
by: KriegerAug 14, 2015 11:00:11 AM

They left greek life so yea they are definitely underground. Good riddance.

By: Krieger
#8  by: Come on   

Everyone knows lambda chi is soon to be top.

By: Come on
#9  by: lol   

lambda chi is never going to be top theyre not selective enough plus theyre on campus. If KA stays out of trouble and keeps recruiting top notch pledge classes theyll take sigma chis spot once sigma chi loses their house after next spring. lamda chi has goobers theyre not real top notch frat guys a lot of them are just plain weird or creepy. Theyre a good frat but theyll always remain a middle tier fraternity especially with 30+ person pledge classes. Theyd have to start being extremely selective if they after planned on rising any higher than where they are now same goes for sigma nu

By: lol
by: johnSep 16, 2015 3:11:43 PM

Im assuming that since you consistantly go back to lambda chi that means you got dropped

By: john
#10  by: State   

Delta sig/ Sigma Chi
KA/Lambda Chi/ Sigma Nu
Phi Delt/ Sigma Pi/ Kappa Sig

By: State

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.