facebook

theta

by: Freshman

I just pledged Theta. I had my heart set on Sigma Kappa but got the rug pulled out from under me. I don't even know what happened! What should I do? Depledge and rush again? What are my chances as a Sophomore if I do that?

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ncsutheta   

the same thing happened to me, i was so sure i'd be in zeta after going there everyday and connecting so well with the girls and was in love with their philanthropy. I'm consider depledging but there'd be no point in pledging again next year because i'll be a junior. I hope you can figure something out!

By: ncsutheta
by: Theta FreshmanSep 11, 2014 5:23:52 PM

So what are you going to do?

By: Theta Freshman
#2  by: ncsutheta   

I honestly have no idea!

By: ncsutheta
#3  by: panhellove   

Give theta a chance!! if it ends up really not being for you, don't get initiated.

By: panhellove
#4  by: Lol   

From a guys perspective zta has literally no
Good looking girls at all

By: Lol
by: This ^Sep 18, 2014 7:01:00 PM

sorry to say, i have to agree

By: This ^
#5  by: Miss X   

Give them a chance because your chances will be much worse next year unless something improves dramatically. This is the best chance you have for being in a sorority. Trust me when I say you will understand later why you ended up where you did. Things are not always how they seem during recruitment.

By: Miss X
#6  by: Soph   

If you really don't like/fit at theta by the end of the new member period, I suggest you drop. It is a bit harder as a sophomore but if sigkap liked you at first they will probably like you again next year. You should be where you're happy. Also, I heard KKG is colonizing next year, so that may be another option for you!

By: Soph
#7  by: Sophomore Rush   

Honestly, I just rushed as a sophomore and I don't feel that it held me back at all. As long as you have a solid GPA and are involved elsewhere on campus, it didn't seem like a big deal if you weren't a freshman. The only thing you risk is missing out on an entire year of greek life with a wonderful sisterhood. I would recommend doing what Soph said and stick it out a little while longer and if you don't feel at home by the end of the new member period then drop because it's probably not the right place for you. Try to keep an open mind though, Theta is a diverse group of girls and I'm sure that if you try hard enough you can definitely find a home amongst them!

By: Sophomore Rush
#8  by: Theta   

I tried dropping Theta throughout the whole recruitment process and it seemed like I didn't fit in. I was crying on Bid Day, hanging out with other girls who all were so confused on what had happened. Deciding to give it a try, I'm giving it a chance. Remember, just because of the girls you met during rush does not mean all of them are like that as a whole. Lots of the girls who are even in the chapter currently were mostly girls reluctant to join a sorority too which leaves plenty of girls who feel the same way! I was reluctant, but you're part of a founding chapter! You get to start traditions and help mold the class.

By: Theta
#9  by: No one    

Wants a girl who depledges, sorry. You must have screwed up in some way. Btw Theta is decent nationally and you should feel privileged to even GET A BID. Stuck up b

By: No one
#10  by: uhmmm what?   

Help you do what exactly? Be popular? Be a typical sorority girl? It seems like you need to do a lot more self discovery before opening yourself up to joining a sisterhood.

By: uhmmm what?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.