facebook

sororities

by: fresh

are any of the sororities at miami more like a "traditional" sorority; less focused on partying and are more feminine and focused on school and volunteering?

Posted By: fresh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

A lot of them. I'll try my best to help. Out of the top 6 Theta and Alpha Phi are the most like you described except APhi definitely does party a little more than Theta. Both are very academic/involved/SUPER girly.
Another 2 like that are Kappa and KD. Very feminine and involved and your typical "sorority girl" type girls. Good head on their shoulders and typically well respected as far as involvement and academics.
ADPi and ChiO aren't ranked as high as those other 4 but it sounds like you don't care about that much. They're both wonderful groups of women that care a ton about grades and philanthropy. They both always have one of the highest GPAs and volunteer hours. They're also very girly and sorority like.
Those 5 would be your best options I would say!

By: Yes
by: YesJun 27, 2015 1:56:44 PM

Oops I meant "those 6" at the end

by: YesJun 29, 2015 9:37:16 AM

I'd echo what this person said. Theta, Kappa, KD, and Chi O would be most like what you're looking for, I think. Feminine, kind, smart, well-respected, composed and not catty/dramatic, involved. I think you'd be satisfied with any of these sororities!

by: Definitely Jun 29, 2015 9:58:12 PM

I would say KD and Chi O and ADPi more than theta cause lower tiers tend to get a lot more respect and less hate like theta would. But the OP sounds like they don't care much about that. Just involvement and academics and such. Therefore all 6 of the ones mentioned would be wonderful!

By: Definitely
by: SororitiesJun 30, 2015 2:45:10 PM

Agreed, Kappa, KD, and Theta are your best bets!

By: Sororities
by: NopeJun 30, 2015 6:06:59 PM

Completely disagree. Theta, Kappa, KD are good if you only care about sororities with good gpa. The sororities that have all 3 assets (high gpa, lots of volunteer hours, and raise a lot of money for their organizations) is Tri Delt, Alpha Phi, ADPi, and ChiO.
This is based on pure facts. You can find the chart with all the numbers on the Miami Greeks website.

By: Nope
#2  by: Guest   

Beta

By: Guest
by: This Jun 29, 2015 6:26:23 PM

Actually made me laugh

By: This
#3  by: Guest   

Here, this might help!
Issuu.com/cliffalexanderoffice/docs/spring_2015/1

The original comment was spot on. The overall sorority council is out of 18 sororities and the top 6 in grades (in order) was Chi O, ADPi, Theta, KD, Kappa, Alpha Phi
All very academic, smart, and driven sororities!

The sororities that raised the most money this year (in order) were Tri Delt at around $27,000 followed by Alpha Phi at $21,000 and then Delta Zeta at $14,000. After that, ChiO and Zeta both raised approximately $9,000 for their respective organizations. These 5 chapters raised the most and did a great job with their events and giving back to the community!

TriDelt, ADPi, AOPi, Alpha Phi, and AXO performed the most community service hours (in that order).

As you can tell a bunch of the same chapters were in each of these categories, so it really gives you an idea of what each chapter values and what chapters put the most effort and work into in each category.
Hope this answers your question!

by: GuestJun 29, 2015 10:16:21 PM

Oh and if that link doesn't work, you can just google "Miami university sorority and fraternity spring 2015 community statistics report"

by: Thanks Jun 30, 2015 10:02:15 AM

Oh wow I was actually curious about all that and didn't realize it was all online. Thank you for the link! Very helpful

By: Thanks
by: Thanks Jun 30, 2015 4:28:41 PM

Thank you so much!!!

By: Thanks
#4  by: all wrong   

definitely pi phi

By: all wrong
#5  by: Aphi   

So based on this info I could see myself as a good fit in Alpha phi cause it seems like everything I'm looking for. Do they even care about rec letters and legacies and stuff? Or not really?

By: Aphi
by: HahaJul 20, 2015 10:32:18 PM

Laughing out loud. You go girl!

By: Haha
by: LolJul 31, 2015 8:01:50 PM

Yeah good luck getting into APhi HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By: Lol
by: GuestJul 31, 2015 8:19:02 PM

You commented "HAHAHA good luck getting into aphi" so that you could come back in an hour and claim an aphi wrote it or write something negative about aphi. we get it, its getting old. In regards to the freshman, no, legacies and rec letters don't matter much to any sorority at Miami. just be yourself and whatever sorority you fit in with best will love you! whether it be aphi or another great chapter. good luck with rush!

#6  by: Thank you    

thank you for this post and the link! Really helpful to PNMs

By: Thank you

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.