facebook

a girl's perspective

by: realdeal

Don't rush any of the sororities based on tiers because none of this stuff really matters beyond sophomore year. Pick your house based on what you enjoy doing and what kind of people you see yourself feeling most comfortable with every weekend- guy or girl because at least at first you are with your sorority/fraternity allll the time. Four way socials aren't as prevalent second semester at least from what I remember. Anyway, here's a different way to look at the tiers:

Fraternities

Party the most/most social: Phi Psi, SAE, Phi Tau (although I feel like Phi Psi is way more social with a variety of sororities over the other two)
Close seconds (in no order): Sig Pi, Sig Ep, Theta Chi, KA, and FIJI

Sororities

party the most/most social: Theta, DG, Pi Phi, AXO
Close seconds (really close, you'll still meet lots of people rushing these don't worry): Alpha Phi, DZ

The rest of the fraternities and sororities are all awesome in their own right; don't get me wrong but I feel like the "tiers" are made up solely based on who throws down the most often with the biggest presence in Greek Life. The other fraternities and sororities not listed are just not as heavily going out Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday oriented but still are worth looking into and rushing.
Just my two sense for freshman trying to figure out the truth in this ranking bs. Hope it helps!

Posted By: realdeal
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: realdeal   

oops left out phi delt above!

By: realdeal
#2  by: What?   

You say don't worry about tiers but then offer a new perspective on tiers, and basically only supply information about "top" organizations. If you really didn't care about tiers you wouldn't have posted anything.

By: What?
#3  by: Guest   

Oh please AXO, this is pathetic. You're not even top 5 anymore.. And DG isn't that high either. Alpha Phi is top 4 and AXO is behind DZ...

By: Guest
by: GuestNov 24, 2014 10:11:53 AM

do less a phi

By: Guest
by: wellNov 26, 2014 10:53:49 AM

Alpha Phi is big partiers true. But not the top house they are telling everyone.

By: well
by: Ya...Nov 27, 2014 9:26:27 AM

Alpha Phi definitely isn't the top house, theta is, but they are hands down above dz and AXO. No question about it.

By: Ya...
#4  by: No   

No all wrong. DZ parties a lot... Even though they're definitely not top. And Phi Tau and SAE have little to no presence anymore unless you're in DG or pi phi. They get worse pledge classes every year and slowly become more irrelevant. Most people wouldn't agree with this

By: No
#5  by: uh   

dz and a phi party more and are more social than theta and dg. are they above them necessarily? no. but the partying and socializing rank here is wrong.

By: uh
#6  by: Yes   

Actually true. Include phi Delt in that group and you hit the nail on the head

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.