facebook

mid-tiers

by: miami

I think there's alot of confusion with mu's greek system right now. some top fraternietes have stumbled and gotten into trouble, causing many in lower tier fraternites to believe they are not only rising, but rising fastly and will be a top tier within a year or two. it takes not one or two but 3 good classes too have a top tier fraternity. if you have one good pledge class, and the other two were "mid-tier" how are you then top tier? becoming top takes at least 3-4 good years, not just one decent pledge class. all that matters is that you hangout with the big 6 sororities consistently. if your a mid-tier, that means you have to compete with phi tau (still top and back this year) sae( still pull dg and pi phi, back in year) ka, phi psi, sig pi, theta chi, fiji, and phi delt as well as the rest of your mid-tier congelmorates (beta, sig ep, sig nu, pike, kappa sig, dtd, and tke) to hangout with those sororities. that being said, thos efraternities may have gotten a tad bit better but their momentum will most likely be trampled once the greek system returns to full strength.

Posted By: miami
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

The only ones that hang out with any of "the big 6" out of the mid tiers are sig ep, kappa Sig, and beta. And they hang out with them just as much as phi delt Fiji sig Pi. So I really don't see any difference between those two groups. Tke, pike, sig nu and dtd shouldn't even be in this conversation

By: Well
by: ^Aug 1, 2013 10:04:46 AM

You're stupid. The big 6 frats are theta chi, sig pi, phi psi, phi tau, KA, and SAE. Then Fiji, phi delt, and sig ep. Those are the two groups. You're obviously one of the middle tiers trying to put your house in with the bigger names.

By: ^
by: Lets be realAug 3, 2013 4:18:14 PM

Phi tau, phi psi, and SAE are the too three then all the rest

By: Lets be real
by: LolAug 3, 2013 4:46:08 PM

SAE blows

By: Lol
by: Yeah rightAug 3, 2013 5:36:34 PM

In all honesty, KA and Sig Pi are better than Phi Tau. Especially KA

By: Yeah right
#2  by: Its simple   

Its very simple how things operate at Miami-

Big six fraternities and sororities (Historically the best, no real argument there. The rankings between them will forever be debated. Do stuff with each other nearly all of the time)

Fraternity six- Phi Psi, Phi Tau, Sig Pi, SAE, KA, Theta Chi
Sorority six- DG, DZ, Theta, Alpha Phi, AXO, Pi Phi

Next 4. (These are still pretty good, but definitely has some faults that distances themselves from the big six. They hang out with the big six sometimes)
Fraternity 4- Fiji, Phi Delt, Sig Nu, Sig Ep
Sorority 4- Kappa, Zeta, KD, GPhi

Right behind them are Beta, Kappa Sig, and Phi Mu. Definity a drop off from the next four but still have some good qualities and are relevant socially. On the rare occasion they do stuff with the big six, but not nearly as much as the other houses named

Beyond that, i will say the rest of the houses really dont matter and should not be in this discussion.

By: Its simple
by: WhatAug 1, 2013 12:19:41 PM

How can you not include pike on this list? Did you see their newest pledge class? What about delt?

By: What
by: YaAug 1, 2013 1:05:45 PM

And everyone agrees that they're the dings of the other top 14 fraternities. Sorry bro, hanging out with chi o and adpi just doesn't cut it

By: Ya
by: ^Aug 1, 2013 5:07:51 PM

Dude pike is better than delt

By: ^
by: Pike/dtdAug 1, 2013 7:22:34 PM

They both had pledge classes better than KA, sig pi, theta chi, and sae

By: Pike/dtd
by: GuestAug 1, 2013 9:20:30 PM

And the troll of the year goes to this guy^

By: Guest
by: IdkAug 8, 2013 3:08:43 PM

I dont know if you can say all those houses have always been the best. i mean five or six years ago the big six would have been-

Phi Tau, SAE, Phi Psi, KA, Sig Chi and Fiji... Sig Pi and Theta Chi are definitely new row houses who have only gotten good these past two or three years with a few pledge classes.

Even when you look at past decades the top tier discussion would also include the likes of Beta, Phi Delt, ADPhi, ATO, Kappa Sig and DU

By: Idk
#3  by: hahaha   

haha ^ you sound retarded, and i dont think there should be any more question that all it is on this site is self-ranking delts and pikes. you guys arent relevant and never will be

By: hahaha
#4  by: girls perspective   

adphi boys are definitely better than pike boys and should definitely be considered in the "next four"....they had some great parties this year (pulling "top six" girls) and had a good pledge class

By: girls perspective
by: Absolutely notAug 2, 2013 12:30:51 PM

This is definitely an adphi troll. Saying they are anywhere
near fiji/phi delt/sig ep or any tier 2 house is ignorant as f---. No relevant house would classify some themed thing at brick street as their 'biggest party of the semester'...

By: Absolutely not
by: WellAug 3, 2013 12:19:10 PM

I have no ties to adphi and there's no way in hell Id put them in the next four but Id at least rate them
above kappa sig, tke, and dtd

By: Well
#5  by: Okay   

How can we keep saying phi psi is the top house when they failed to recruit even a half decent pledge class? This semester will decide who's top between phi tau, sig pi, and ka

By: Okay
#6  by: Wow   

This topic has gotten ridiculous. Pike, Adphi, and Delt suck. Beta is not much better. The arguing over which of those four better and all this self ranking is the same as fighting for the best seat on the short bus.

By: Wow
#7  by: Ew   

Pike pulls KD's. My left nut pulls KD's. Pike blows

By: Ew
by: go awayAug 5, 2013 11:10:57 PM

so does delt. enough of this

By: go away
by: KDAug 6, 2013 10:53:09 AM

Try Gamma Phi. KD is too good for both Pike and Delt, but mixes it up and hangs out with a lot of fraternities. KD is easily top of mid-tier and is soon going to run over Zeta. Already destroyed Phi Mu, Kappa, Gammi Phi.

By: KD
by: HaAug 6, 2013 11:12:05 AM

Now I see why delts pike and KD get along so well, they're all delusional and in denial that they blow

By: Ha
by: YeahAug 6, 2013 11:25:02 AM

And here comes the defensive KD

By: Yeah
by: KDAug 6, 2013 12:27:18 PM

This author is right, KD is above all other mid tier sororities and is about neck-and-neck with Zeta. Go away, Gamma Phi.

By: KD
#8  by: Settled   

Delts sit on each others faces

By: Settled

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.