facebook

non-whites in fraternities

by: Freshman

I am coming to Miami University in the fall and I am really interested in joining a fraternity. I was wondering what are the chances for non-whites to get a bid to one of the good fraternities on campus? Is there much overall racism in the greek system and do any houses stand out as red flags for minorities?

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nah   

No dude this isn't alabama, you're fine

By: Nah
#2  by: Ya   

As long as you're not a liberal you'll be fine

By: Ya
#3  by: No   

This isn't the south there are all races in all frats here

By: No
#4  by: Honestly   

I'm a minority in a white fraternity and you will experience racism. Like its everywhere. It just depends on how you handle it. If you can't handle the jokes than u probably shouldn't rush... That being said greek life at miami is pretty awesome.

By: Honestly
#5  by: hmmm   

It's not really about race in the Greek system...it's about your upbringing and how you act. Example...if you're black but you pull and are chill...there's nothing different about you. But if you do some stereotypical things like get in fights outside bars then yeah that's an issue.

By: hmmm
#6  by: ^   

truuuuuu

By: ^
#7  by: for real   

i'm black im joined a frat, your fine. I was nervous about it too. There are some great people everywhere just seek them out.

By: for real
#8  by: fril   

im black and jioned gammaphi. i hate it.

By: fril
#9  by: Nickname   

Okay... What house has te most blacks not counting NPHC?

By: Nickname
by: UhJun 14, 2013 2:45:32 PM

Sig pi has 2

By: Uh
#10  by: Beta   

Has 3

By: Beta

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.