facebook

how to become a relevant fraternity?

by: Nickname

So I didn't join one of the houses that most people consider "top tier" but I want more than anything to be "relevant" at Miami. Not being relevant really sucks and I don't understand why houses that aren't top tier get any recognition. I see guys from these other houses and they don't look any different than the brothers in my house. We all dress the same, act the same, like the same things, and yet they get much more respect and pull better girls. We have parties with a lot of booze, but we never can get girls from the top sororities to come and their social chairs usually politely decline our social requests. Every year we try to improve our chapter by getting cool guys but all the cool guys seem to go to places like Phi Psi, KA, Phi Delt, Phi Tau, Beta, etc. Our best guys are always the guys who didn't get into better houses. We always show up to events like Greek Week and POTH and try to do well to get our name out there, but girls still flock to the houses who either don't show up at all or don't care. All my brothers are good guys and we never did anything to warrant this lack of reputation.

So my question is what can we do to break this vicious cycle? Is there anything we can do to quickly rise the ranks to become relevant and more competitive with the "top houses"? Right now it looks like our best bet is to hope everyone else get kicks off...

Posted By: Nickname
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: i think   

Maybe if you know any girls in DG, Theta, Pi Phi, APhi, etc., you just ask them to just come to your parties? Sure probably a social chair may decline an invite as a whole but I bet that if you could get a few of these top girls to come and show them a good time it may start to build your rep... I'm in one of these four and I've gone to parties with other girls in my sorority at frats we don't usually hang out with just because I'm friends with one or a few of the guys

By: i think
#2  by: poth   

Doing well at poth won't make girls like you. Just a heads up.

By: poth
#3  by: Yeah   

Winning anything will make you SigEp.

By: Yeah
#4  by: you sir   

are a loser

By: you sir
#5  by: truthfully   

over a sorority woman of the year scholarship thats actually worth something, or have a dreamgirl, girls will start coming around more just to have either of those titles and perks

By: truthfully
#6  by: wtf, its obvious    

whoever posted this seriously? this type stuff is why you are not top tier at all

By: wtf, its obvious
#7  by: $$$   

I bet $20 that this was written by a Pike.

By: $$$
by: nahJun 17, 2013 1:02:14 AM

ill be you 100 it was written by a delt

By: nah
by: SrslyJun 17, 2013 10:39:05 PM

Pike blows.

By: Srsly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.