facebook

fraternity cob?

by: JJ8

I didn't rush in Jan due to a family problem. It looks like the issue will be resolved soon, and now i'm regretting missing my chance to pledge. What fraternities will be doing COB (not sure if that's what it's called officially) this year/What fraternities will be looking for new pledges before 2014? thanks

Posted By: JJ8
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Depends   

Certain fraternities might.. like potentially the ones that are kicked off who might want to get their numbers up come fall. Just be on the look out and ask around

By: Depends
#2  by: anonymous   

a good amount will. one's that have bigger pledge classes probably won't though (sig pi, ka, theta chi, delt)

By: anonymous
by: haFeb 23, 2013 1:10:42 PM

Obviously this was written by a "delt"who wanted to put his fraternity next to the big names. To answer the question though, no respectable fraternity will have a spring pledge class. Spring pledging is essentially pairing the desperate fraternities with the desperate rushees. Being in a spring pledge class is almost as bad as being a GDI. If you have any self respect, you'll wait until next year to pledge with a real pledge class.

By: ha
by: wellFeb 25, 2013 1:14:03 AM

I think the point being made was to compare the size of the most recent pledge classes, (which, objectively speaking, would put DTD right up there) not necessarily to compare the quality of their members. But even then, "respectable" fraternities still do spring rush and I know for a fact that more than one upper-tier fraternities do.

By: well
by: haFeb 25, 2013 3:58:39 PM

^ name one.

By: ha
#3  by: Honestly   

The best option would probably be to break both your legs

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.