facebook

sorority rush as a northerner

by: jerseygirl

I have heard from some people that being from the north can be a disadvantage when you rush in the south. Will being from New Jersey be a problem, or is it not as big of a deal as I have heard? I'm blonde and I'm from a pretty affluent area, but I don't want to be shut out just because I don't live south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Posted By: jerseygirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: tbh   

Depends what sorority you're looking at, there are a few that you shouldn't get your heart set on.

By: tbh
by: don't worryJun 27, 2013 9:18:17 PM

^^This person is right. There are a few, but you definitely will not be shut out! I know a couple girls in my sorority and others that are from New Jersey and other northern states.

By: don't worry
#2  by: jerseygirl   

Do I have a shot with ZTA or KKG?

By: jerseygirl
by: UhhJun 28, 2013 4:51:24 PM

Okay, no one can truly tell you if you have a "shot" with any particular sorority. Seriously, every sorority at Clemson has amazing qualities and great girls, and you will receive a bid from the sorority full of girls that are like you based on qualities, personality, characteristics, etc... its not solely based on where you're from. But please don't come into recruitment with hopes on getting a bid from certain sororities.

By: Uhh
by: shJun 28, 2013 5:08:07 PM

^this person is completely right. Don't come in with expectations or hopes up for certain sororities because that only leads to feelings getting hurt. Just being honest. Try to come in with intentions to find the right fit for you, because you could get asked "why in the first place are you rushing", and you certainly wouldn't want to give an awkward answer....

By: sh
#3  by: ...   

It'll be hard for you. Yeah a few girls get in but for the most part most sororities will take a southern girl over a northern girl with the same background.

By: ...
#4  by: NJ   

I'm in one of the two sororities u mentioned and I'm from NJ!! Just be yourself and you'll find whatever sororitie is best for u!!! Just be yourself and you'll be fine!!!

By: NJ

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.