facebook

grades in a sorority

by: Sophomore

Hi i'm going to a be a sophomore in the fall and was interested in joining a sorority. My first semester of college I struggled with the work transition and ended up with a 2.66 gpa. Second semester I started to pick things up a bit and ended up with a 3.4 However, my overall all GPA is still only a 2.96 because of how badly I did first semester. I'm nervous I won't get into a sorority because of my grades. Will sororities be able to look past this? I know the gpa is going to put me at a disadvantage..

Posted By: Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Helpful   

Depending on the sorority this isn't necessarily a disadvantage. Personality and involvement in a chapter is very important though. Just know that you would probably be put on academic watch where someone will monitor your grades and make sure you're keeping up with your school work. Good luck!

By: Helpful
#2  by: I know   

I can't speak for all sororities, but I know there are so many rushees that what the chapter sets as a grade risk (under 3.4) goes. Girls that are below this typically get dropped by the system unless someone knows them personally and can vouch for them really well.

By: I know

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.