facebook

top houses

by: Sandiego49

How hard is it to get a bid from a top house?? What are the criterias other than being fit and pretty? I don't care where I end up as long as I like the girls in my sorority but I want to know what makes it so difficult to get a bid from a top house and what girls have to do during rush week to end up in a house that's considered top. What houses are the pickiest when choosing girls??

Posted By: Sandiego49
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

Well, for one thing, stop being obsessed about what other people think are "top" houses. That is an invention of insecure girls who don't know how to pick girls they'll like unless someone else has already said they'll like them.

Go through recruitment and during each day, choose the house where you feel most at home and have the most enjoyment. If you get cut from them the next day, choose a new house.

It's completely up to YOU whether you like the girls in your class. If you're an enthusiastic new member and bring joy to each day in your life, the people around you will respond and be drawn to your personality.

On the other hand, if you mope around wondering whether XYZ is better than ABC based on what you read on here, you're likely to be miserable. Or if you get a house that you think you're too good for based on what you've read on here, you're likely to be miserable. Or if you accept a bid and go to the house to "see if you like it," you'll almost for sure be unhappy.

You can't hold back. You just have to throw yourself into sorority life with the most enthusiasm you can manage. Then you'll be happy.

By: truth
by: just sayingJun 30, 2015 2:08:46 AM

that's not what the original post asked- she literally said she didn't care where she ended up she just wanted to know what makes a top house a top house and what makes it so selective to be in them...

By: just saying
by: ??Jul 2, 2015 9:06:08 PM

Her first sentence is "How hard is it to get a bid from a top house??" I agree that she's fixated on tiers, not finding a good sisterhood.

By: ??
#2  by: help   

you have to be pretty for a phi and dg, whereas houses like theta and tri delt you can be yourself and have a good sisterhood

By: help
#3  by: alright   

you have to be a dance major to get a bid to dg. but then again, I wouldn't worry if you aren't because no one want's to be a dg anymore. They can't even make quota.

By: alright
by: wellJul 8, 2015 9:10:08 PM

It's a little easier for DG because they didn't end up being able to attract enough girls last year to even make quota. They'll be glad to get what they can.

By: well
by: DgJul 9, 2015 3:38:32 AM

DG is also no longer top house. It's aphi and gamma phi

By: Dg
by: @alrightJul 28, 2015 4:00:54 PM

over this rumor that dg didnt make quota because its so untrue lol none of you even know what you are talking about.......

By: @alright
by: hahahahAug 4, 2015 6:06:58 PM

the fact that girls try so hard to try and make it seem like no girls want dg just makes it even more obvious that they are top....mostly top houses get the most hate. try less ladies its not helping you at all!!

By: hahahah
#4  by: Been round the block    

All chapters (not just top houses) look for the same qualities pretty much its just the difference between a top house getting the girls with those qualities and houses that dont rush as well. There is such a thing as a top house based on how well they rush (return rates etc..) So those houses tend to find girls during O-week that they have met and really gotten along with. Good qualities include being social, being classy at parties, being nice to other girls during recruitment, being able to hold a conversation that goes beyond small talk, and showing that you have a passion for something that can help the sorority (examples include: philanthropy, being involved in greek week, holding leadership positions etc..)

By: Been round the block
#5  by: sororitygirl   

DO. NOT. BE. FIXATED. ON TIERS. you will be so upset when you dont get called back to a "top house". I love my sorority and we are not top. I can totally be myself and i love my sisters. Just enjoy rush and be yourself:)

By: sororitygirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.