facebook

vote on the house you prefer to be added

by: Equalizer

AXD or ZTA

Then give two reasons why. Nothing you heard. Facts or examples.
Go....

Posted By: Equalizer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ZTA   

1) A sorority that was here before should be given first crack at coming back. If your sorority left wouldn't you want to be the first to return? Seems fair and honors history.

2) They seem like a stronger house nationally.

By: ZTA
#2  by: real    

Neither sorority is particularly strong on a national stage. But of the two, Zeta Tau Alpha is stronger. Which ever one comes on will probably struggle at the beginning. I don't think Alpha Xi Delta has the where with all to make it here. I think they will be off within ten years, but it would be great if they prooved me wrong.

By: real
#3  by: ZTA   

ZTA FAILED at CSULB years ago. They disbanded because they couldn't get enough girls and decided to back out. We shouldn't let them back if they failed and should give another soritity a chance. we cant ignore our past mistakes

We should let AlphaXiDelta On campus. At least it'll bring a new perspective

By: ZTA
by: ^Mar 30, 2015 8:30:45 AM

Are you kidding me? Who would write something so awful. First of all, it was like 50 years ago. Second, that could happen to any sorority for a number of reasons. Regardless of who gets chosen, show a little class please.

By: ^
by: Agreed AXDMar 31, 2015 1:52:58 AM

If ZTA really wanted to come back here they could have tried back in the 80's when Sigma Kappa colonized.

By: Agreed AXD
#4  by: AXD   

1. They have 5 other Cal St chapters that are successful

2. Agreed Autism is a great cause. I just saw an ABC promotion of Autism walks. Something new to our philanthropy events.

By: AXD
#5  by: Rushing this fall   

I'm a freshman and I'm going through recruitment this fall and I think I'd want zta, I just looked them up on YouTube and I know that it'll be different here but they seem great.

By: Rushing this fall
by: CrazyMar 31, 2015 1:40:42 AM

How can a freshman who knows nothing about being Greek even express an opinion.

You should probably transfer schools if they are not selected now that you have put your preference out for all to see.

By: Crazy
by: ChillMar 31, 2015 10:27:06 AM

^Literally calm down. You sound extremely petty and I hope that I don't have the misfortune of actually meeting you, someone who bashes anonymously online, in person someday. I went through recruitment this past fall but a close family member of mine died that weekend and I had to drop but I've been looking at greek stuff to get an idea of what I wanted this fall. Thanks for trying to make me seem inferior just because I'm currently not part of your little bubble of knowledge, but I'm better than that.

By: Chill
#6  by: choice   

My choice is Zeta T Alpha

Reasons =
1) They have history here. Yes. That matters.
2) Breast Cancer awareness is so important for sororities. Statistically lots of women will deal with breast cancer. Sororities are women's organizations so we should help other women before we help random organizations with questionable motives.
3) I know several Zetas from Fullerton and they are a strong middle house. They would have a lot of strong alumni in the area.
4) I had never heard of Alpha Xi Delta before. I'm sure they are fine, but I'd never heard of them.

By: choice
by: AXDMar 31, 2015 1:35:49 AM

1. History maybe important for them but it has little meaning to other houses.
2. Everyone is effected by breast cancer and yes that can be a wonderful platform. Why not support Susan B. I don't like the fact they think handing our ribbons at a football game, with their name on it as a philanthropy. That is self promoting at its finest.
3. The girls who came here from Fullerton did more harm then good. They were very withdrawn. Almost to the point of rude. They did not mingle like the other chapter, they maybe nice girls, only the two people they talked to would know.
4. There are over 20 National houses and CSULB has 7, no surprise you haven't heard of all of them. That doesn't meant they should not come.

By: AXD
#7  by: almonds   

Probably best to bring Alpha Xi Delta on. They will struggle and then the lower tier houses will have company.

By: almonds
by: ^Mar 31, 2015 1:09:35 PM

Ha Ha. Actually it is probably true tho. If one group comes on they will probably be about middle tier and if the other comes on they will probably be lower with a couple other houses and never move up. I can understand why some people want that. Tired of being bottom house.

#8  by: AXiD   

There presentation was objectively better than ZTA and they look like they would blend better into the Long Beach Greek culture

By: AXiD
#9  by: ?   

When will we know the final decision?

By: ?
#10  by: Alpha Xi Delta   

They are a part of the Cal State system on 5 other campuses. They are use to working with commuter students.

By: Alpha Xi Delta
by: ^Apr 7, 2015 10:40:12 AM

Well I hope that isn't why someone would choose a group. I like to think we are more than a "commuter school." I just looked them up and saw which schools they are at. I hope we are better than those schools.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.