facebook

Honest Sorority Description

by: Sorority Girl

There's a lot of negativity around all the sororities, so I want to give an honest description for any pre-frosh looking at this site. Disclaimer that I am in a "lower tier" sorority, so I may have a different perspective than someone else

Pi Phi/Tri Delt- these sororities are basically the same thing. The girls are all more or less from the same friend groups. They switch off who is "higher" or "lower" each year, but they all get the same bands. To get into these sororities you almost always need to be dirty rushed in, except for maybe one or two girls who are exceptionally pretty. You also need to be wealthy. Not all wealthy people end up here, but all people here are wealthy. Almost their entire PC is decided by rush. Not very diverse, almost entirely white

APhi- also a dirty rush sorority. These girls are very typical "sorority," but there are a few more smaller friendgroups in here rather than all being one connected circle. Girls here range from wanting to have been in tridelt/pi phi to being more chill and happy with aphi, kappa, theta. Aphi is a social climbing sorority, they have been social climbing for years. Aphi actually has a higher level of diversity than you would expect.

Kappa- Kappa is on par in "rank" as Aphi, but people have petty arguments over who is prettier or cooler, which are honestly stupid. Kappa's stereotype is being more "chill" and "artsy," but basically Kappa has a lot of different kinds of people in it, from quirky, artsy types to more sorority-ish tridelt/pi phi types. Kappa also is currently known to be the most diverse sorority in terms of race. You don't need to dirty rushed to get into Kappa, but knowing girls does help to get in. Also, Kappa is very popular across the board because of its "chill" reputation and it attracts poc who may not feel comfortable in more white-dominated spaces (even though Kappa is still pretty white)

Theta- Theta is a "lower" tier sorority, but the girls are known to be nice and social. Some people in theta can be a little more social climby, but as a whole, the sorority is known to be full of fun and kind people. Generally, most people have a favorable opinion of theta, and the sorority has a wide range of people that may be more "sorority-ish" or more "chill."

DG- DG is also a "lower tier" sorority, but this comes from the fact that DG seeks to bring in people who want more of a "sisterhood" vibe, and DG is the only sorority which currently has regular bonding events. DG is split with more stay-in and chill type girls and girls who like to go out, and it is very lowkey.

Chi O- Chi O doesn't have an active chapter at Duke, they tried to reestablish it last year, but I don't really know what happened, they don't seem to be active.

Generally, there are really nice girls that I know and love in all the sororities, and you really don't have to join a sorority to have fun and go out at Duke if you don't want to. Some people will base their friend groups off of girls in their sorority, other people will not. Some people at Duke see the only point of sororities to get bands and go to mixers, other people see it as a genuine way to make friends. Greek life ranking at Duke can get really toxic, but know that the people that really matter are those who don't base their friendships with you off of your social value, and if you rush, go for the sorority and girls you think are genuinely right.

Posted By: Sorority Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Srat girl   

This is very accurate thank you 😊

By: Srat girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.