thank you!!!

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

Yes

By: yes
#2  by: 3.0 GPA   

Yes you can rush. Up In the air if you get a bid or not. Are you an incoming freshman or already in college? What are your extracurriculars? How good are you at meeting and conversing with strangers? Do you already have friends in sororities here? Are you well put together?

By: 3.0 GPA
by: pnmMay 15, 2024 10:09:25 PM

i am going to be a sophomore this fall and i am very involved and social. i was just scared to rush this past fall and do not have any friends in sororities

By: pnm
by: IFMay 16, 2024 1:27:37 PM

If you are very involved and social as you say then there is no way you do not know sorority members at least by some passing acquaintance. Dorm, classes, activities, friends or friends? They don't have to be your actual friend crowd to be able to help you during rush if they know of you and their opinion of you, no matter how slight, is favorable. Reach out to them if you are interested in their sorority and tell them you are coming through rush and they can support you in their house's recruitment.

By: IF
by: pnmMay 16, 2024 3:27:59 PM

thank uu for all your help!!!!!! i thought u had to be super close with them to ask and didn’t want to overstep

By: pnm
by: yeahMay 16, 2024 5:40:49 PM

That's not overstepping at all. They can't read your mind so you've got to tell them. It's not like you're begging or assuming you'll get a bid, you're just letting them know you are rushing and are interested in their house. Overstepping is when a pnm goes around saying she's def getting a bid to XYZ because she knows people in that house.

By: yeah
#3  by: Truth   

Be prepared to be cut by at least 1/2 the houses round 1. Almost every house has a 3.5 chapter average

By: Truth
#4  by: cali   

I’m an upcoming sophomore too same gpa. even for college gpa? my hs was 4.0.

By: cali
by: Truth May 16, 2024 12:00:11 PM

If 90% of the houses have a chapter gpa of 3.5 and your college gpa is 3.0 you are considered an academic risk considering freshman classes are the easiest during college..so yes

By: Truth
#5  by: KKG   

Hey girlie, you’re not really sorority material in my book if you’re too worried about GPA stuff.

By: KKG
by: FactsMay 16, 2024 6:33:35 PM

We want well rounded girls who are focused on school. You came here for school and that’s always been number 1. Many women want to continue into graduate school and grades are important.

By: Facts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.