facebook

Sorority Rush in Fall

by: lemons

Is it true you have to have a strong insta presence to get bids back?
Like what if I only have a few followers but post a lot.
Is insta just so they can get a vibe from you?
Also, what are the qualities y’all look for from girls you want to keep around for the next round? Or what was something in particular that made you think “I like her”.

Because I was told sometimes chapters will have a general idea of who they want to keep around based on previous looks at resume, instagram etc.. so it possible to change their minds to want you on the first round?

I just want the best advice to make the best first impression because I’ve already rushed before and it didn’t go too well (i underestimated how sad I’d be to leave my home state). But now I really would love to join one! (Also would it matter if im rerushing as a sophomore?)

Posted By: lemons
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lemonade   

Yes, insta is just about getting a vibe from you, not checking your followers. Sweet, cute, fun is what every sorority is looking for but every chapter has their own idea of what those things mean, and you can't be all those things on social media or you'll end up not having a vibe at all. So be your best you, not what you think anyone's looking for. If you try to present yourself as something you're not it will backfire and you will have a terrible rush. This is the biggest mistake that pnm's make. Insta is really only used for first round along with resume, video, GPA, and if anyone already knows you. You will be dropped first round from some houses so accept it and don't focus on it. After that your conversations and how you present yourself in person are what really matter in the other rounds.

But because you're a sophomore you're in a different situation. You already know members in chapters here from classes and dorms and friends of friends, so reach out to them to let them know you are coming through and are interested in their chapter. Those members can look out for you and speak for you. Also you will not be competing with freshmen for spots as a sophomore, you will be in your own category as an upperclassman rushing. Upperclassmen get bids all the time.

By: lemonade
#2  by: Katie   

I think you need to just be yourself instead of thinking about which qualities you need to have or show. Thinking about how to portray yourself is just going to mess it up. Be your true self and i’m sure people will love it.

By: Katie

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.