facebook

can you rerush if you drop a sorority

by: z

long story short, I'm currently in a sorority that's considered bottom tier. coming in as a freshman I had no idea how sororities operated and felt the process so overwhelming. I had no idea how to present myself or how to dress/look.

since rush in aug i've lost a lot of weight, cleaned up my aesthetic, and have invested in makeup skin hair etc. I've been a lot more involved in school and socializing and sometimes as shallow as it sounds I feel resentment that I'm stuck in a sorority I dont relate to anymore. not just in terms of looks but I feel like the girls there are weird and I just would prefer a sorority that is more in line with where i'm at rn. I rlly hope this doesn't sound shallow but I don't like my sorority and I feel miserable there.

is rerushing allowed? at all? like I said I alr got initiated :/ I think I'm just going to drop and see where things go.

Posted By: z
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

no you can't since you've already been initiated

By: no
#2  by: No, however   

You can’t transfer from one national sorority to another. However, you can transfer schools to a good chapter and you don’t have to go through recruitment again.

By: No, however
#3  by: Transferring schools   

Before you decide to transfer, you should make sure what your sorority’s transfer requirement, because all the sororities have different protocols. Contact your sorority’s national office to find out what you need to do. For instance, in some sororities, the chapter can decide whether or not to accept you into their chapter, while other sororities automatically accept any sister that transfers and asks to join that chapter. Be advised that no matter their policy, you have to leave in good standing from your former chapter , and of course, you must have a good gpa.

By: Transferring schools
#4  by: Memiries   

I know a girl (woman now) who left a bottom tier sorority and transferred out of state and went through rush again and joined a different sorority. She was afraid she’d get caught but never did. No one cares. FYI she is still involved with her second sorority as an alumnae.

By: Memiries
by: ^Mar 1, 2024 8:23:17 PM

She is a dishonest POS

By: ^
by: confusedtransferMay 15, 2024 12:24:02 AM

was she an alum for her old sorority? or how did she end it with that??

By: confusedtransfer
#5  by: Stop   

No you can’t re-rush if you have been initiated. If you are this superficial then just drop and move on. 20% of the students, at the most, are Greek at FSU. Trust me on this one, NOBODY cares what sorority you are in or not in.

By: Stop
by: ^^^Mar 1, 2024 7:28:46 AM

There are several months between recruitment and initiation. Plenty of time to have figured out these weren’t your people. In the end there are 200+ women in each sorority. If you can’t find your circle of friends within you may want to look at yourself. It’s also ok to not be in a sorority. Join another social organization or club. Get a job on campus to help you meet people. There are other ways to find your people. Just go live your best life.

By: ^^^
#6  by: blah   

if you don’t like your chapter bc you think they are bottom tier/ aren’t typical sorority girls, then you don’t deserve to be in a chapter at all.

By: blah
by: zMar 1, 2024 12:35:22 AM

lmao you think I don’t like my sorority just bc it’s “bottom tier?” for girls as objectively less attractive (and I admit I didn’t have the looks when I first joined) they sure are mean ASF. literally sm more rude and cliquey than my friends who are in “top sororities.” they are mean and exclusionary as hell for girls that are wider than they are tall. I regret my decision everyday im not going to pay thousands or dollars to be miserable. Sucks that I can’t rerush to join a new chapter here since I got initiated and I’m not planning on transferring either. oh well

By: z
by: ^Mar 1, 2024 8:25:41 PM

Do everybody a favor and drop.

by: okMar 7, 2024 10:07:52 AM

Okay 'babe' move along because nobody cares. Nothing is stopping you from associating with girls you feel are worthy of you.

By: ok
#7  by: What   

This actually breaks my heart. Dropping for such a superficial reason proves that it’s not the sorority you joined thats the problem, it’s you. Maybe do some self work and stop caring so much about looks and tiers

By: What
by: UhMay 19, 2024 2:25:16 PM

She said they are mean and she doesn't like them.

By: Uh
by: ^May 19, 2024 3:23:21 PM

Actually in her post she says that they are weird and she thinks she is more attractive now than she was before. So those sisters who liked her and gave her a bid and welcomed her into their sorority are now beneath her. Then when she was called out for what she said in her post (that everyone can see) she changed her tune to say they were "mean". Too late, that didn't work. Superficial and ungrateful AF.

#8  by: KKG   

u still sound bottom tier

By: KKG
#9  by: Uh   

Btw I've seen big girls and very meh girls in every sorority here. Some more than others, but still.

By: Uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.