facebook

Worried about rushing with GPA

by: help

Hi! I'm from out of state and coming to UARK next fall. I am planning on rushing but I am worried that I will not be able to compete with the other girls because of my GPA. I have a 3.46 GPA, but I am coming from a private school. I have heard that due to the amount of girls rushing, sororities really only select girls with higher GPAs. Will sororities reconsider private school GPAs or am I just stuck out here???

Posted By: help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Emma   

You’re fine with that gpa. Having no connections will hurt your rush way more than your gpa.

By: Emma
#2  by: wps   

You should be in good shape GPA wise. Honestly, there are 4.0 gpas who can be cut heavily too. It is more about connections and impression made. Good luck.

By: wps
#3  by: Mary   

Our house does look at private schools more favorably! We all know certain private schools are much more difficult. Agree you will need connections to have top house options though. You can still make a good impression if you squeeze past first night cuts.

By: Mary
#4  by: uark   

that's a great gpa! 4.0 pnm's get cut first night from the top three houses every year. it is a lot more about the connections you have. don't worry though. mid level and newer houses are just as good and we will love you for who you are and not who you know.

By: uark

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.