facebook

new greeks

by: WPS

Hey everyone! Now that the year is over what do you guys think of the new sororities and frats? I hear those Phi Mu girls are doing really well.

Posted By: WPS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Haha   

Only been here for two semesters and they already have a bad rep? That's impressive in my book. Honestly, other than Phi Mu, all the rest are doing fine, just kinda doing their own thing ad getting situated. Phi Mu came in with huge heads and already is getting hated on super hard.

By: Haha
#2  by: GIve Them a Break   

Phi Mu is doing very well for their first year on campus. There is a reason you heard those girls are doing well. They are not a top tier house but have definitely climbed to mid tier. Phi Mu did not come in with big heads, they came in wanting to be involved, competitive and noticed. My chapter loves the Phi Mu chapter and has been doing what we can to help them get started. Those girls have put their hearts and souls into their chapter. The other new houses have been "kinda doing their own thing" whereas these girls have tried to get involved

By: GIve Them a Break
#3  by: Maple St   

Can we please just stop talking about Phi Mu? Its getting old. All it does is start drama on here. We should be encouraging PNMs to GO GREEK! Every single house is amazing at the UofA. No matter when they got here, not a single one is the "best" no matter what they did in this last year.

By: Maple St
#4  by: Truth   

Phi Mu - a lot of girls talk smack about everyone, including frats. They're pretty but sour. I do know a few that are really nice though. Just depends who you talk to. The reason a lot of people are annoyed by Phi Mu girls is because if you mention a different sorority then they'll get really defensive.

AXO - really mixed group of girls. You'll find every type of girl in this sorority. There are girls that will go to every event and party but then there's girls that won't even go to a function. I see more AXO girls on campus because they always wear their letters.

KA - If you like to drink every weekend with your bros then this is the frat for you. They like to keep to themselves and don't really expand. The frat has a lot of cliques though and is a little unorganized. Historically, this frat is known as the redneck southern frat but they seem to have all types of guys.

Beta - The most successful of the new greeks IMO. They're a good group of guys that have a very promising future. I didn't really meet many fall semester but in the spring I was surprised at how well they're doing. Betas are top house at many campuses and this chapter has the potential. Fun house parties too.

By: Truth
#5  by: KA is a joke   

A guy in one of my classes who is a total try had frat star who did not get a bid from any other top houses went KA. He then told me that half the guys in their wear cargo shorts and cant hold 3 beers. They even asked why they are not able to be themselves since KA is not a top house and wear their cargos and V-necks. Their hazing is a joke too, its just drink a bunch till you throw up, which for them is not much.

By: KA is a joke
#6  by: Honestly   

No one is the best yet. Everyone's still learning. I've met some awesome Beta's that are super sweet and nice and I've met a handful of KA's that are sweet and some that aren't so sweet. AXO has sweet ladies, but Phi Mu girls are so rude. There are a handful of Phi Mu girls that are sweet, but the ones I've met have been rude. All in all, they're still learning and no one is the best yet.

By: Honestly
#7  by: exrush   

I rushed spring semester because I did not want to go greek without knowing about every frat on campus. I wanted to join a frat that was well known but I didn't want to just be another number. I was surprised at how different the Betas were compared to the rest of the frats. They're the only ones that made their presentation professional instead of yelling and pushing. KA's presentation was kinda strange and disorganized. Like someone said above, day 2 for KA was really cliquey. No one really wanted to talk to the PNMs and it was kinda awkward. I didn't get an invite back from Beta for their day 2. People said they have a minimum GPA and they cut whoever doesn't meet it. I didn't like the bids I got for spring rush but I'll try for Beta again in the fall since my GPA is higher.

By: exrush
#8  by: sorority   

AXO - These girls are alright. Pretty friendly

Phi Mu - Some pretty girls, not very social though.

Beta - least douchey frat. attractive southern gentlemen.

KA - funny guys but sometimes rude.

By: sorority
#9  by: yep   

axo - the one's i met are quiet

phi mu - hot girls, bad attitude

beta - chill guys

ka - weird vibes

By: yep
#10  by: Forreal   

Phi mu- mostly normal. Mostly girls who had a bad rush and didn't get the house they wanted or just didn't even rush at all. Usually very catty. Honestly not a fan of the ones I've met...but definitely way better than AXO

AXO- WEIRD. basically thingies who went to college and were just like ohhhh yeah I guess I'll join a sorority. Idk...really really weird..

BETA-also very weird... Have never seen an attractive one. They look nothing like frat boys.

KA-still not very good. But better two of the new feats. Definitely chill boys, but they are new so still not very good.

Most importantly...nome of these will ever be good before getting a house.

By: Forreal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.