facebook

how old is too old

by: Youremyboyblue

At what age should someone stop considering rushing a frat?

Posted By: Youremyboyblue
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ..   

I would say easily 21,22 tops that is a bit old as well. But any older then that is weird, hanging out with a bunch of kids who are usually 18-19 year old freshmen in your pledge class. Time to grow up sometime.

By: ..
#2  by: Honestly   

It depends a lot on why you waited so long. I'd bid a serviceman who was significantly older than the rest of his pledge brothers, but I'd be more hesitant on someone who took 4 years of college to realize he wanted to join a fraternity. A transfer would fall somewhere in the middle depending on circumstance.

By: Honestly
#3  by: Young at heart   

I'm 72 and still slay box every night

By: Young at heart
by: .Apr 17, 2014 8:08:02 PM

You're my boy Blue

By: .
#4  by: ^   

Even servicemen, if your at a certain age, you should go do something in college besides join a fraternity. Go join a club or something, stop hanging around kids younger than 21 years old. GET A LIFE.

By: ^
by: NoApr 18, 2014 6:02:35 PM

The clubs will still have people under 21

By: No
by: DIFF. Apr 18, 2014 9:14:35 PM

The clubs will have people under 21 but its different. You arent pledging with a bunch of 18-19 year old kids.

By: DIFF.
by: UnamericanApr 19, 2014 3:02:02 PM

If a guy's college experience got pushed back a few years because he was fighting for his country, I'm not gonna hold it against him.

By: Unamerican
#5  by: SierraMist   

It's a little weird if they have been at the school for a while. Transfer students are a little different. 22 would probably be the oldest. Really just depends on the guy.

By: SierraMist
by: weirdoApr 19, 2014 3:32:56 PM

Dude if you went to the military and want to join a frat and get hzed by 19 year olds then i question....a lot about you and what you learned overseas this is coming from someone that did serve.

By: weirdo
by: ^Apr 19, 2014 5:11:35 PM

They can just join Lambda Chi then

#6  by: for real   

Different people join for different reasons. Not everyone wants to hang out in clubs.
There is a Beta at USC that is 54, and he is super popular. It really is an individual thing.

By: for real
#7  by: ^^   

Jesus, 54 years old thats weird plain and simple.

By: ^^
by: ^Apr 20, 2014 5:42:26 PM

He gets laid, so who cares?

#8  by: Ifyoucan'tgogreek   

I also would like to know this. As a transfer, I will be 25 during fall rush. I realize this is older than the suggested ages posted, but I'm not worried about hanging out with younger guys or getting bossed around by teenagers. I know that isn't the case so much once you get your letters. I would love to get involved in the Greek system for a lot of reasons: Philanthropy, networking, community service, and also to make some friends (slay some sorostitutes haha). I think it would be beneficial after graduation as much as before. Would I have a chance at any decent fraternities or would I be wasting my time by rushing?

By: Ifyoucan'tgogreek
by: lol.Apr 23, 2014 3:05:27 AM

Any good frat is not going to be bid a 25 year old, plain and simple. Unless you played like pro sports. You would get bids from bottom tier frats easily, and lower middle. But I truly cannot see a top house giving a 25 year old guy a bid. You would be older then literally everyone at the house and a few years older then most new alumni.

By: lol.
by: seApr 23, 2014 2:39:47 PM

Who cares just try. If you dont get a bid you dont get a bid, if you do then you do. Dont let what others say dictate your choices in life. If you wanna rush then rush

By: se

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.