facebook

sororities and weight?

by: girl

so I'm rushing in fall and I'm curious if any sororities discriminate on weight? I'm not overweight by any means, but I am on the "thicker" side, most people would probably consider me "skinny" I've been working out and will be more in shape for Rush, but I'm still curious

Posted By: girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority   

We have size 6-12 girls in literally every house. Yes EVERY house. They are usually very friendly and pretty. Don't stress it.

By: sorority
#2  by: girl   

tysm, you just made my worries about it a lot better <3

By: girl
by: sororityJun 20, 2017 5:11:50 PM

No problem sweetie. At ASU being curvy isn't bad as long as you are healthy. Healthy is much better than being skinny. Good luck :)

By: sorority
#3  by: Lol   

Only adpi and agd will take you if you're a thicker girl, look around the sororities Instagrams, no thick girls except in those chapters. I don't make the rules that's just how it is

By: Lol
by: GreekJun 21, 2017 4:07:34 PM

lol Sigma Kappa, Theta, Kappa, KD, Chi O, & DG all have a bunch. Alpha Gam and ADPi are just not embarrassed by their thicker sisters. Also I have a lot of friends in both chapters and it is only a small handful of girls who are thick.

By: Greek
by: kJun 21, 2017 4:46:46 PM

sororities have close to 200 girls each. Their instas feature a handful of girls. Every sorority has girls who aren't thin, they just might not ask you to be on their cover photo. However, if you're a cow (180+, avg height), then yea youll have a problem getting into a better house, but this is not an issue since you say most ppl would call you skinny

- a guy who sees thru the bs

By: k
by: options for @LolJun 22, 2017 12:27:02 PM

Perhaps you would be interested in our sorority home for those with thick heads.

By: options for @Lol
#4  by: Lambda God   

You'll never date a Lambda as you clearly don't respect your own body

By: Lambda God
#5  by: real answer.   

I remember being worried about this when I rushed. I'm going to be honest yes it might affect you in some chapters but there are a ton of chapters with diversity in body size. I ended up in a "top" house as someone who wasn't super skinny so don't worry about it. Just be yourself and the process will land u in the right place!

By: real answer.
#6  by: Answers   

Meth helps

By: Answers

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.