facebook

if i want to party..

by: soon to be freshmen

okay I need honest answers here... If I want to go to good parties, do I have to be a part of a sorority?

Posted By: soon to be freshmen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: kinda   

If you're a girl you should be able to get into most open parties, but you will definetly have a lot more parties and social events available to you if you're in a sorority. Greek life runs most of the party scene at JMU unless you're fine with only going to apartment parties for 4 years

By: kinda
#2  by: ya   

if you want to go to frat parties, most of the better ones rarely have open parties except for in forest. the ones with big houses (KA and SX in particular) usually only do mixers with sororities.

By: ya
#3  by: Well...   

Assuming you are a girl, yes. Girls can pretty much get into any open party out there, fraternity or not.
You don't need to be in a sorority to do so, however as the 1st comment said, you will be introduced to a lot of social events if you join a sorority.

By: Well...
#4  by: absolutely not    

NOOOOOOOOOOO you definitely do not need to rush. I was a GEED my freshman year and I had the time of my life. No commitments, no specific parties I had to go to, complete freedom. Craziest year of my life.

By: absolutely not
by: jkdsJun 13, 2014 12:46:21 AM

If you're in a sorority, however, you have the option to go to a mixer that youre sorority was invited to or an open party that you would go to if you were a geed. If you don't want to be searching for parties every night and want more options then I would recommend rushing

By: jkds
by: TruthJun 16, 2014 7:47:17 PM

To further add to the other comment. After your freshman year (if you're not affiliated) your sources of parties narrow as you get older since your freshman cliques tend to get smaller as the years go by. Being in a sorority eliminates that and gives you countless opportunities to go out to social events, mixers, philanthropies, etc.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.