facebook

third time rushing?

by: K

Am I allowed to go through sorority rush for the third time this spring? The first time I had to quit due to health issues and the second time I didn't get a bid. I'm a sophomore, by the way.

Posted By: K
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

Yeah you can rush as many times as you want.

By: .
#2  by: Go 4 it   

Good luck cutie ;)

By: Go 4 it
by: .Jan 13, 2015 6:16:14 PM

^ Is that sarcasm?

#3  by: K   

I'm also not tall, skinny, and white, so maybe that's why it's been hard for me. I'm nervous :/

By: K
by: .Jan 26, 2015 7:46:15 PM

Not everyone in a sorority is tall skinny and white. You'll be fine!

#4  by: ok so   

There isn't a rule that all sorority girls have to be tall, skinny or white. That's a stereotype that is so wrong if you actually go and see each house. Every house is made up of unique individuals, and although looks are a consideration, most houses want to find girls that they see themselves spending time with. If you really want to find out which house you belong in, I would rush in the fall as a junior. I know a few girls who did spring recruitment because they already knew which house they would like to be a part of. If you don't know, Fall is the best time since you get to check out and meet people from every house. Also, I'm not sure if too many houses are doing spring rush this year since everyone seems to have accepted huge pledge classes from the Fall. Many houses will have most of their attention directed at freshmen, so realistically, yes, it would be harder than if you rushed as a freshman. Some houses don't even really look at upperclassmen, but what matters in the end is how you like them, and how they like you. Keep an open mind and remember that the true you is the best you. Good Luck and I hope you find your sisters!

By: ok so
by: FanJan 27, 2015 9:31:00 PM

Bravo ok so! I really like your truthful yet inspiring answer.

By: Fan

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.