facebook

girls- bid promising

by: Greek life

I just want all the pnms to be aware of bid promising. It hurts so bad but I know it happens to so many girls including me. In my case I was pretty much bid promised by G phi and Zeta... on the bid day I was so sad with the house that I had gotten a bid from Bczit's not exactly a "top house" but looking back now I am actually very thankful it happened. I am not trying to call out those two houses because my friends was also bid promised by Theta and didn't get one, I know a bunch of top houses, really most houses do it. But just remember to keep an open mind I'm so happy I stuck with my house because I'm so happy now with all my sisters!

Posted By: Greek life
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: bid promise   

The only houses I've heard of bid promising are Chi O and Theta. But I don't think it's very common though. Most girls that say they were hotboxed or bid promised actually weren't, they're just using that as an excuse for accepting a bid to a lower tier house.

By: bid promise
#2  by: wrong   

just because you didn't get a bid doesn't mean they bid promised so please don't create unneccesary drama. Thx

By: wrong
#3  by: Me!   

Well I WAS promised a bid from Zeta. Then when I didn't get one I dropped and they told me to hold out for COB and they'd extend me one at that time. So, YES, it does happen or has happened at Zeta for sure because it happened to me! Also, they didn't offer me a bid during either COB this year. So, yes I agree with OP, don't believe it if you're told that!

By: Me!
by: wellJun 1, 2017 9:41:27 PM

When I went through COB this year zeta wasn't an option for anyone because they didn't do COB. I'm happy with the house I chose and you should be too... bid promising happens at all of the houses and it happened to me too. I was sad at first but one girl doesn't have all of the power, and PNMs shouldn't expect her to. Don't let one girl's mistake turn you against an entire house.

By: well
#4  by: Um   

Um yes at kappa I was promised and the girl was literally like "I wanna see you running here on Saturday, and make you my little"

By: Um
by: ^Jun 5, 2017 1:21:52 AM

You know that's not bid promising, don't you? She is only one girl and she spoke for herself. She said she wanted to see you on Saturday. Unfortunately other Kappas wanted other PNMS more. Bid promising is where you are told that you have a bid and that you should drop other houses because a bid is guaranteed. No house does that anymore because it's against panhellenic rules.

By: ^
#5  by: Yes   

Ya no it for sure happens lol

By: Yes
#6  by: truth   

Bid promising isn't when some girl that's rushing you says you're a perfect fit for the house or I want you for my little, or anything like that. Girls can say anything that expresses their own opinion. You have to understand that no one girl can speak for everyone else in the house. Who's invited back is a group decision, not just one girl's choice. Likely most girls don't even know where you end up on the list. So stop getting yourselves in a tizzy thinking you've been hotboxed or bid promised. Learn what the terms actually mean before you get on here and complain.

By: truth
by: ^^^Jun 5, 2017 10:05:24 PM

good advice

By: ^^^
#7  by: Thanks for the info   

Thanks for giving out some real information instead of jumping on the bandwagon of criticism of houses for bid promising. I honestly think pnms don't understand that the girl you meet at the house only speaks for herself unless she says something different.

By: Thanks for the info

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.