facebook

honest advice please

by: Pokey

I really want to be in a sorority but I'm seriously worried about recruitment. I've always been a big girl and worry that I'll be cut from all houses based on my looks and not given a chance. Should I even try, honestly ? Any advice would be appreciated

Posted By: Pokey
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

You need to spend the summer eating healthy and working out so that you can be as healthy as possible going into recruitment. No stupid starvation diets or anything. Be sensible. Make sure your hair and makeup are also as good as you can do them. Have clothes that are stylish but flatter your figure. Then you won't worry about the outside and you can shine brightly from the inside. Good luck. <3

By: Yes
by: PokeyMay 27, 2017 11:49:17 AM

Thank you !!

By: Pokey
by: UmmMay 31, 2017 6:52:17 PM

You don't need to change your lifestyle just for recruitment. If a house cuts you because of your dress size that's not the house you needed to be in in the first place. a house will want a girl who's confident in her own skin and whose personality outshines their outward appearance. That being said, look presentable for recruitment, but be yourself: if you don't usually wear makeup, don't wear false lashes and contour and feel uncomfortable just because you think it'll give you a better chance at a house. Overall just be yourself:)

By: Umm
#2  by: Gurl   

Hey girlie don't sweat! I myself am a bigger girl and all of the houses I had left on pref day were top houses. That is not to say that physical appearance doesn't matter, dress cute and look up some cute makeup and hair tutorials so you feel confident. I was also worried when I came into recruitment over the same reason, but as long and you show them your personality and have good conversations you will end up where your meant to be. Best of luck!

By: Gurl
by: PokeyMay 27, 2017 11:50:51 AM

Thank you for being positive and encouraging! I know I'd love being in a sorority and have a lot to offer. I can't wait to be at OSU

By: Pokey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.