facebook

2nd recruitment

by: Withdrawn

I went through recruitment last year & accepted a bid from a house I wasn't comfortable in & withdrew within the second week. Will all of the other houses know that if I go through recruitment again? & will it hinder my chances of getting a good house if they do know?

Posted By: Withdrawn
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: x2?   

Someone else posted something similar to this. Obviously it will impact your chances because houses don't want to extend a bid to a women who isn't fully invested (and clearly you have a history of that). So yes, it will most likely hurt you. I would just try to make sure that you make it clear to each house what went wrong last time and that you have no intention of dropping again this time.

By: x2?
#2  by: idea   

I wouldn't make a big deal of telling other houses. If someone asks (even indirectly), don't lie. Just say you liked all the girls you met last year during recruitment but it turned out that some personal issues required you to withdraw. Emphasize that you're starting over this year and aren't going to be swayed by your opinions of the year before. Also, be prepared to get cut by most of the houses.

By: idea
by: ummApr 11, 2017 12:42:50 AM

Why should she prepare to get cut by most of the houses? Your answer for what she should say sounds pretty good.

By: umm
by: truthApr 12, 2017 12:26:58 AM

Some houses won't give her a chance if she's a sophomore and doesn't have tons of friends in the house already. Also, it's kind of a strike against her that she dropped out once. Just truthful.

By: truth
#3  by: Withdrawn   

Sorry I forgot I made that other post about it. Im just worried that no one will want me again since I already did it once and am from kansas and not oklahoma

By: Withdrawn
by: ActuallyApr 12, 2017 12:16:32 AM

If anything being from Kansas will help you. Most houses want diversity and that makes you unique so it should help.

By: Actually
#4  by: elephants   

Know that your chances for invites are smaller. Some homes will never ever invite you back because of national policies. They will be kind and friendly toward you, but they have better fish to fry. You will need to open you heart and mind wide and accept any invites extended, with your next bid hopefully appearing after all is said and done.

By: elephants
by: helpApr 30, 2017 9:59:20 PM

Will the houses already know, even if I don't tell them? I wasnt initiated or anything, but I will be a sophomore. And do you know which specific houses for sure won't invite me back solely on that reason?

By: help

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.