facebook

fraternity ranks as of today

by: bored

I'm slightly new to this school, and after a year or so of hearing about, seeing with my own eyes, and reading about the fraternities here is what I get out of the "rankings" of the fraternities. If anyone has anything to add or if you think I am wrong on some just add to the discussion please! this is just for future potential pledges coming in. (this is not including beta, kappa sig, and phi psi)

Top Tier-- Pike, Phi Sig
Middle Upper-- SAE, Sig Chi
Middle Tier- KA, TKE, FIJI
Middle Lower-- Theta Chi, AGR, Sammy, Pi Kapp
Bottom Tier-- Sig Ep, Sig Nu, Phi Delt, DTD, and the rest that aren't really talked about.

Posted By: bored
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pretty accurate   

i would put AGR bottom and put DTD middle lower but overall pretty accurate

By: pretty accurate
#2  by: sorority   

Theta Chi and Pi Kapp in the middle but yep!

By: sorority
#3  by: How?   

How is Fiji ranked so high? They're practically irrelevant. I think SAE should be a little higher and Theta Chi to be Lowe as well. Also DTD should be more near the middle. Somewhat accurate though!

By: How?
#4  by: Accurate   

Rush pike, ka, sig chi or sae for a traditional southern based frat. All of them except sig chi dont really party alot thou

Rush pi kapp, tke, phi sig, or theta chi if you like to party and have fun with the exception of not being very traditional. For the most part theyre a diverse group of guys alot of them being from mainly new york or new jersey

Those 8 fraternities are the only ones worth rushing all having good guys. While rushing those frats its only a matter of fact if you think you could be friends and fit in with these people for the next couple of years.

By: Accurate
by: gotchaJan 26, 2015 8:25:56 PM

It's funny that you say Pi Kapp, TKE, Phi Sig, and Theta Chi are diverse yet most of them are from New York and New Jersey!

By: gotcha
by: joeJan 26, 2015 10:55:35 PM

I think diverse in there not the typical frat guys. some are preppy some arnt. diverse in not every person acts, dresses and talks the same way. that said a lot are from jersey and new york

By: joe
by: greekJan 27, 2015 8:31:49 PM

dont forget sammy and fiji..
both are diverse. have goals to make you reach and pledging is not what you would expect.

By: greek
#5  by: Eritus   

I think with Sigma Nu and DTD getting legitimate houses in the Fall it should scramble the order of things. I hate to say it but DTD has a history of being a top house prior to being kicked off and their Alumni/Nationals must be doing something right to get them a house in a year. I mean it took SAMMY almost a decade to get a house and it's only short term. Pike has been trying to get their actual house open for for how long? ...quite a while.

By: Eritus
#6  by: If   

If they get they get houses!

By: If
by: maryJan 29, 2015 1:14:09 PM

the lease is already signed for DTD to be in the house next. If you hear anyone saying "If they get they get houses" they are probably in SAE and are mad they are going to be homeless

By: mary
#7  by: realistic   

Prediction of next year
top tier Phi Sig PIKE KA DTD
middle tier TKE Sig Chi SAMMY Pi Kapp FIJI
bottom tier Theta Chi SAE Sigma Nu
Irrelevant

By: realistic
by: Idk?Jan 26, 2015 8:14:30 PM

If DTD and Sigma Nu both get houses then I can see them both becoming legitimate higher middle tier to lower top tier Fraternities. Why Fiji or PiKapp are ranked so high is beyond me. I also think SAE will still be a contender as well. Regardless of the situation with their house they will be first in line to acquire the newly vacated houses. Besides PIKE having a pledge class of 50, I don't see how they compete with Sigma Chi, Phi Sig, SAE or even KA as a top tier house. I'm still amazed at how they rushed so many guys while their house is a dorm. I'm also curious to find out how it effects them in the long-term since it creates such an imbalance. Also why has Theta Chi never broken out? You never see those guys around...

By: Idk?
by: the truthJan 27, 2015 12:52:27 PM

Sigma Nu was irrelevant when they lived in KA, Fiji and the Pike dorms, what makes you think its going to be any different if they got a house next year even more DTD who are probably the most irrelevant fraternity of all right now. KA and Pike are the most overrated frats both not doing much as they are just there being average all around. Theta Chi will always be a solid middle tier as they have never really made a push to be better than what they are right now. Fiji and sammy are smaller groups both having potential in getting stronger(Fiji a little bit more thou). SAE, Phi Sig,Sigma Chi, TKE, and Pi Kapp are the strongest fraternities all having lots of good qualities in their own right all having large numbers of guys, sororities that like them, strong social life and many more things in which they excel individually

By: the truth
#8  by: honest   

PIKE is easily the most overrated fraternity Its not even close

By: honest
by: 👍Jan 26, 2015 11:59:55 PM

It's about time someone said it!

By: 👍
by: !!!Jan 27, 2015 11:29:46 AM

People are just blinded by the fact that last semester they got 50 pledges trying to get as many guys as possible but honestly most of the pledges arent quality guys anyways

By: !!!
by: fratsJan 29, 2015 1:19:57 PM

yea im pretty sure they gave a bid to a senior this past fall

By: frats
#9  by: greek   

For all potiental members reading this. dont judge a book by a cover or what you hear. go out and visit and interview at each frat. get to know a brother. every frat has potiental. its all of what you make it.

By: greek
by: FratLifeJan 28, 2015 1:04:56 AM

Notice how he said "Frat" ha but his opinion is pretty accurate. See for yourselves and take the rumors with a grain of salt. Try and find dudes you can chill with for four years and not hate yourself afterwards or lose your self respect.

By: FratLife
#10  by: not in sammy   

I think as long as SAMMY has the PHI PSI house they are atleast middle tier. That house is too easy to throw down in. But once the house is gone they may go back to sucking if they dont get their own house

By: not in sammy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.