facebook

when to join a sorority?

by: Soon To Be

I will be a freshman next fall (2014) and I am very interested in joining a sorority. When next year should I try to join one, during the fall rush or during the winter/spring? I'll be living in a dorm all freshman year.

Posted By: Soon To Be
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: knowledge   

Definitely in the Fall.
All 8 houses will have formal recruitment. If you wait until the spring, only the lower tier ones usually have recruitment because they're desperate for girls.

By: knowledge
by: Soon To BeFeb 11, 2014 3:26:55 PM

So even though I have to live in the dorm all freshmen year I should still join in the fall?

By: Soon To Be
#2  by: ggt   

Fall!
It is "formal recruitment" and way more fun.
Plus all houses will be available.

By: ggt
by: Soon To BeFeb 11, 2014 3:27:06 PM

So even though I have to live in the dorm all freshmen year I should still join in the fall?

by: yes!Feb 11, 2014 4:30:02 PM

It doesn't matter if you live in a dorm all freshman year. Go through formal recruitment so you get a chance to meet all of the houses and find where you fit best!

By: yes!
by: Soon To BeFeb 11, 2014 4:32:35 PM

So what happens if I get accepted into a sorority? I just wouldn't move into the house until fall of my sophomore year, or?

by: GoGreekFeb 12, 2014 5:54:52 PM

Most girls rush their freshman year, in fact sororities are most interested in freshman potential new members. If you get into a sorority, you will continue living in the dorm for the rest of freshman year, and sophomore year you could have the opportunity to live in the house (if you want.)

Definitely rush in the fall. Spring isn't formal and usually consists of houses that weren't popular in the fall and din't get enough girls.

By: GoGreek
#3  by: rusheee    

100000000% fall! Unlike the spring, fall rush is formal, and you get to try out for all of the houses, not a select few. Also, you meet a ton of girls this way, and it is an amazing experience! Spring is very laid back and not as good of an experience as fall. GO FALL!!

By: rusheee

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.