facebook

sorority rankings and stereotypes

by: gojagsbaby

Each sorority at South has something that they are very good at, so it's very hard to make a definitive "ranking" because each has their strengths. So for this ranking I'm taking into account Sisterhood, Philanthropy, Campus Involvement, and grades.

1) Phi Mu or Chi O
2) AOII
3) KD
4) Alpha Gam

PHI MU: Very pretty girls, involved on campus, easy to talk to. Aren't too picky during the rush process until after philanthropy round. Highly respected and have the top GPA. These girls are very friendly, but only choose a small group to be close friends with. Definitely top tier.

CHI OMEGA: Best sisterhood, great diversity, very welcoming and sincere. They do the rush process very differently and have many sisters talk to the PNM for shorter periods of time compared to AOII and Alpha Gam. Very sweet girls, so much diversity, everyone can fit into Chi O. Closest group of girls by far. Tied with Phi Mu because of involvement, grades, and diversity.

AOII: Great philanthropy involvement, well-spoken, outgoing, but VERY petty and have a mean girl stereotype. Mainly dancers and athletes. These girls were very fake during recruitment and make a lot of cuts during the first round. You can tell a girl is an AOII by the way they hold themselves. Only AOII's like AOII's. Think they are better than everyone else but it just lowers them.

KAPPA DELTA: Relaxed, great sisterhood, support other sororities a lot, makes everyone feel welcome. These girls do not care so much about grades, but do want girls who can make their sisterhood stronger. Many girls will fit into KD and a lot of girls pick Chi O over KD during pref night. However, not great campus involvement and grades so they've fallen behind.

AGD: Such sweet girls. They have their awkward ones but also very put together girls who make friends with everyone. A great mix of diversity in this group. They support other sororities well. They do a lot of things differently than the other sororities and are continuing to get better. However, their recruitment process scares many girls away because most of the awkward ones have to do the recruiting. Improving but still not as involved as the others.

AGD and KD usually do informal recruitment after formal because they hardly ever meet their quota for new members. You will hardly ever see the top 3 doing informal unless a lot of girls drop.

Posted By: gojagsbaby
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Senior   

Accurate. I heard a lot of girls that pledged AOII ended up dropping out after bid day. KD is definitely getting better. I have a lot of friends in Phi Mu and they are constantly pushing their sisters to be leaders and more involved on campus.
Go KD if you want a good support group of friends
Go Alpha Gam if you want to have a leadership position in the sorority and want to make PNM's feel great about themselves
Go AOII if you want to do more community service
Go Phi Mu if you want to be a leader on campus
Go Chi O if you want an amazing group of sisters

By: Senior
#2  by: alumnus   

i was in one of the sororities at south (not saying which one) and graduated last year. all sororities are good at something. i had a lot of phi mu, kd, and chi o friends, all very sweet and supportive of the other sororities. can't really say much about aoii or alpha gam bc i didn't know many people in these

By: alumnus

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.